Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

valentines day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do you have any plans? spill! :p

Tonight I'm cooking my boyfriend a meal of tagitelle, meatballs and an italien tomato sauce (all home-made...apart from the pasta). Should be fun. I really hope I don't mess it up like my other cooking projects.

I bought him a cute card that has a personified date and a passion fruit and a speech bubble is coming out of the passion fruit that says 'I'll be your passion-fruit..if you'll be my date' Ahahahaha it's soo cute and in our range of humour I think. I hate the big giant sappy TO MY BOYFRIEND cards so it was tough finding a decent one.

As a gift I bought him The Dangerous Book for Boys by Gonn Iggulden and Hal Iggulden. Been meaning to get him this for ages. It looks great.

Then on the actual Valentines Day he's taken the day off of work to come with my to my university interview. Eeek!

Comments

• Options
    Scrubs 3 :hyper: If he isn't happy with that slap him from me :razz:
  • Options
    Not a lot.

I’m off work but I sent an anonymous e-card to a girl I like at work (cheesy poem included) which will hit her inbox tomorrow and I’ll probably get a phone call of my Mam thanking me for the card and flowers :blush:
  • Options
    Going to scarborough shopping... well actually, were going so he can take back a jumper and hat that he got last week that are too big for him. Men :rolleyes: But nice shopping opertunity too.
  • Options
    I have to work tomorrow, but he's offered to take me out for a meal but that won't be till the weekend now because i want a cuddly night in bed atm.
  • Options
    Well, as I'm single, I'm going to spend the whole day crying, feeling sorry for myself because nobody wants me, eat tubs of ice cream, drink wine and watch movies.

Haha. WHATEVER. I'm out with my mates tomorrow night. Doing the normal Wedneday night out - going round a few bars then ending up in a club :D Can't wait as I've been in for the past week because I've had so much uni work to do!
  • Options
    Well, I'm poorly, so I'll probably sulk most of the day. Have got college for 3 hours in the morning (despite it being half term) and then we're going out for a meal tomorrow night. How much I'll be able to eat is questionable, since I can't manage toast, and we're going for a curry...
  • Options
    We have celebrated it already as we wont see each other on the day...

We went out for drinks... ended up bumping into my pissed mates half way through the night and having a couple of drinks with them as well :blush: Yeah I'm romantic (I don't think she minded!)
  • Options
    Fuck all. I can't even go out and get drunk in the evening because I have a 9 a.m. lecture in the morning, and most of my friends are spending the time with their spouses!

I think I'm going to stay in and have an excellent adventure with my friends Bill and Ted.
  • Options
    were celebrating tonight, as we met on the 13th and 13 is our lucky number.
    Have bought each other gifts and a card and are going out for a meal :heart:
  • Options
    going to get drunk and surf the internet.
  • Options
    re-scheduling mine for next wednesday - seeing as stupid school aren't having half term til next week instead of this week :impissed:
    going down for a few days, haven't seen him since new year!
  • Options
    I'm making him a pack up for work - mini heart-shaped pizzas, mini cheeses and crackers and iced heart cookies. Food (especially cheese) is his favourite thing after moi, so should go down well. The way to a man's heart, and all that. And I'm making his card to avoid all that TO THE ONE I LOVE bollocks.

Then apparently he's taking me home after work, cooking for me and entertaining me. And I'll be wearing my party pants as a special treat. Fnar.

:flirt:
  • Options
    I've re-sceduled it for Thurs, hopefully he's coming round, depends and that thou.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    your-babe wrote: »
    I've re-sceduled it for Thurs, hopefully he's coming round, depends and that thou.

Ours has also been rescheduled for Thursday. He has to work tomorrow night.

So far, the plan is to cook a scrumptious meal and then see what happens :thumb:
  • Options
    I am going to be doing hee haw.

Although there is a Speed Dating night on a bouncy castle tomorrow at a club I may indulge in with my mate!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    I'm making him a pack up for work - mini heart-shaped pizzas, mini cheeses and crackers and iced heart cookies. Food (especially cheese) is his favourite thing after moi, so should go down well. The way to a man's heart, and all that. And I'm making his card to avoid all that TO THE ONE I LOVE bollocks.

Then apparently he's taking me home after work, cooking for me and entertaining me. And I'll be wearing my party pants as a special treat. Fnar.

:flirt:

new man? :hyper:
  • Options
    Ours has also been rescheduled for Thursday. He has to work tomorrow night.

Oooh :) Mine is working that night too, well until 11pm anyway.
  • Options
    new man? :hyper:

Yup :D

I know, I don't hang about :p
  • Options
    We're meeting in the middle in Huddersfield, going out for a meal and then staying at his parents. Hmm...yes valentines day with the future in laws should be such fun. :lol:

Present wise I've got him a teddy since he keeps threatening to nick mine so he can have his own and some thorntons chocs. We don't really believe in presents for it, so is only a token.
  • Options
    absolutely skint until friday, so quiet (ish:D) night in tomorrow then take her out somewhere nice on friday!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm just meeting a couple of friends in a café.
  • Options
    Work and vodka. And plenty of moaning about being single blah, blah, blah. I'm such a cynic. :D
  • Options
    We don't really celebrate it, just give each other cards. He doesn't live near me anyway, so we still wouldn't have done anything if he'd been here. I've forgotten to send my card though, oops :p

I will be going round to a friend's for a meal and a gossip tomorrow night... we'd both forgotten what day it was when we arranged it, although neither of us had plans!
  • Options
    were celebrating tonight, as we met on the 13th and 13 is our lucky number.
    Have bought each other gifts and a card and are going out for a meal :heart:

How lovely! Hope you have [had?] fun :heart:

We have exchanged cards already as my little chickadee went up to Glasgee this evening and won't be back 'til lunchtime. We agreed we'd make them for one another and write inside our favourite definition of "luv". He went for my old favourite "love is touching souls" whereas I took the whole challenge with a shovel of salt and went with "love is a temporary hormonal imbalance which makes you spend all your money and lose all your friends." Didn't go down too well, that one :razz:

Haven't done the official pressie swap but he did paint me a picture which he couldn't wait to give me (it's like living with a five year old). It is me and my life, apparently, in some abstract/WEIRD form. Yeah, I was pretty offended and bewildered, you can probably see why ;)

I have bought him the duffel coat he's been coveting (sale bargain!), knitted a hat to go with it along with a lovely (no, really) woolly jumper and got him some perfume... sorry, aftershave. That's about as good as it gets. Hopefully I will get better than that myself! As for plans, probably a late lunch and then the pub so I can watch him and his band play and stroke his ego a little - the only thing strokeable in public, of course!

Not that I celebrate Valentine's Day, of course. The mere thought!
  • Options
    Working 8-4, and then instead of getting the 5pm train to London like I was meant to, I have to come back home because the stuff I bought for tomorrow night didn't arrive today :grump:. So getting the 6pm train. He's cooking, obviously, 'cause I can't. I've thought some stuff up :angel: and then on Thursday we both have the day off so we're gonna do...something. I don't know. Going home (well, to work) on Friday morning 'cause I don't start work til 12, so I get to stay at his Thursday night too ;d.

I am poooooooooooooor, and I don't like cheesy cards, so I haven't got him one, but I may make him something posh on PSP, like I did for everyone at Christmas. 'Cause I'm cool like that.
  • Options
    Coursework 5am-8am
    Work 9am-2pm
    Coursework 2pm-5:30pm
    Out with my girlies 9pm-verylateam.

A thrilling day, all in all, topped off with a good evening I hope :D
  • Options
    going to get drunk and surf the internet.

:thumb: *Beach Boys tune* Going surfing, surfing internet cache, going surfing, surfing internet cafe.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    Yup :D

I know, I don't hang about :p

wahey. :thumb:
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    How lovely! Hope you have [had?] fun :heart:

We did, we went to la strada, which is an italian chain, but the food is absolutely divine. fillet beef with shallot and peppercorn sauce, and thyme gratin potatoes. I swear that steak just melted in the mouth. I just wanted to close my eyes while I was eating it :heart:
    their rosemary garlic bread is to die for, and then the strawberry marscapone tart :yum:
    plus we had a voucher for a free bottle of wine, so i had a glass - first one since christmas, and even that made me feel a bit tipsy :blush:
    Back home then for present and card swapping :D Noticed that hed accidently bought me a card for "my boyfriend" which he`d had to scribble out the boy and put girl :lol:, then lots of sex!!
    A good night all round :D
  • Options
    well my chap is coming to see me but don't know what we're doing. He mentioned drinks and maybe a meal.

I'm not really sure where we stand...haven't had the 'boyfriend' relationship 'what is going on with us' discussion yet. So maybe it will tonight. Or if I get drunk enough I'll probably blurt it out..I've been referring to him as my boyfriend when he's not there but don't really know!

Don't know what to get him either...am gonna go to the shops at lunchtime.
    I want to get him a toy bus (a sorta private joke) and something else little, and a silly card. But don't wanna be embarrassed if he hasn't got me something!

:heart::blush: