Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help me wear high heels!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
christ sake its gettin desperate. all i wear is trainers/flat shoes when im at work, so my feet are shit in high heels. but of course when im out jiving at the weekend, i dont wanna be clumping about in granny shoes.

the balls of my feet always cripple me. and dont sugest party feet cos they are shit. i can walk fine in heels, but i cant wear them for long, as my feet get mangled. i think theyre too 'soft' if you get me?? seriously, i need asistance. any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Vodka :thumb:
  • Options
    I feel your pain :(. I have just tried wearing them more :yes:. And yeh, Party Feet are shit :grump:. Wore them for my May Ball last year thinking it'd save my footsies from pain, and just made it ten billion times worse.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The most comfortable heels I wear are wedges (don't ever seem to get pain from them at all) and cork style heels similar to these tn3_717007.jpg (focus on heel not shoe!)
  • Options
    The 3 Ps.

Practise, perseverance and - as Glittery said - plenty to drink.

I am a heels veteran, on nights out I feel absolutely naked without a good four inch advantage so I get where you're coming from completely. I'm finding it hard to adjust to flats now so I have been clinging on for dear life by doing as Helen said and going for wedges.

I also am a big fan of the hidden elevator platform style that's around at the minute, if only I could wear them. The front part of the shoe is raised too, so while it gives you a lot of extra height there isn't such a discrepancy between your heel and the ball of your foot - which is the cause of the crippling pain. The picture Helen posted is a similar kind of thing - with the raised front part - but it's not visibly raised in the kind of shoe I'm talking about. If you see what I mean (and if you don't, Office sell 'em).
  • Options
    I'm shit in heels too BUT I've recently discovered that if you buy a good knee high boot that supports your foot all around and clings to your legs, it takes away some of the pain. You can also secretly wear a number of pairs of socks underneath to pad out your feet.

If it's just sandles/shoes that you want, then I've found that the more fitted to your foot (straps, etc) they are, the less pain they seem to cause.

Oh yeah, and lots of alcohol ... but not so much that you think that it's a good idea to wander round without your shoes in the broken glass dancefloor of your local nightclub.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Also, stilettos are the worst type of heel when you are just starting out. The fatter the heel, the better. It's more comfortable. And then work your way up :)
  • Options
    I can't walk in heels to save my life! Bit stupid as I have sooo many lovely pairs of heels, just sitting there. I'm guessing practise and blocking out the pain is the only way!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Vodka :thumb:

hahah yeah thats not even an issue with me, im always tanked up and raring to go, heh. and its not like im new to the game, ive been wearing heels for quite a few years, but i still cant efing adjust to wearing them all night. im the drunken bint hobbling along the street at 3am clutchin her shoes and gurning, chips and chese in hand. nice! :/
  • Options
    I too have this problem.

I have a pretty shoe fetish and i must have about 15 pairs of lovely heels that look gorgeous. Sadly i seem to spend most my time carrying them. I'd rather walk on glass than be one of those people that hobbles and looks like a twat. I mean we've all laughed at them right?
  • Options
    I have the same problems. Sometimes, when on a dance floor really late on, I end up taking them off. Bouncers usually tell me to put them back on though :grump:

How classy of me.......

Seriously though, alcohol = less pain :thumb:
  • Options
    I've had this problem. However...

I find that Clarks shoes, although the majority are just old queen type shoes, The odd pair are passable, I can dance in them from 8 til 5 With no pain at all!!!!

:heart: Clarks :heart:
  • Options
    Maybe some gel shoe insouls? Or if they are new shoes, put something like dr scholl's moleskin on the areas that cause most pain, like the heels, to prevent any sores.
  • Options
    id just wear them round the house a bit so your feet can get use to them n u can practise walkin in them
  • Options
    Just practice loads! I wear heels all day for work. It used to really hurt but you get used to it and now I can wear heels day AND night with no pain! And yeah, start off with a small fat-ish heel and work you way to a tall thin one. Oh... and if you do wear them to work.. put some flatties in your bag in case you end up having to walk miles. Trust me.
  • Options
    I hate heels. I'm only 5 foot tall so I have to wear them (well I don't HAVE to but seeing as my mates I usually go out with are all tall, I need to wear heels to actually be able to join in the conversation).

The only ones I can do are wedges. I can't do strappy heels. The worst thing is when you go and sit down and then get back up and they burn like hell. I think it depends on your feet, as my friends don't seem to be as affected as me.
  • Options
    I think a lot of it depends on getting shoes that actually fit properly. The instep has to perfectly follow your own instep otherwise you will get pain. Personally I can only wear faith heals for a full night. Others I can put on for a couple of hours but then I'll be in complete pain.
  • Options
    Party Feet are useless but you can get pads that hook under your feet and stay put 'cos they're on your feet not in the shoe.

I've seen some with lace on in a sock shop in Covent Garden, but Scholl do basic ones that hook around your toe. They don't halt the pain but if you're like me and never wear heels they can be a lifesaver when you have to!
  • Options
    I thought Glittery meant rub your feet with Vodka as it is supposed to numb them.
    I tried it once but it didn't work - maybe I didn't use enough.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote: »
    I thought Glittery meant rub your feet with Vodka as it is supposed to numb them.
    Haha, that'd be such a waste! ;)
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    Haha, that'd be such a waste! ;)
    lol
    it was a tip in a mag a while ago!