Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Kitchen and bathroom cleaning products

Something I have to know before my bf drives me mad already, is it safe to use kitchen or bathroom cleaning products (containing bleach) during pregnancy? (Baring in mind I am not drinking it)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes, open a window while you're cleaning if you're worried about fumes etc.
  • Options
  • Options
    so i can go about normal cleaning? Except maybe oven cleaning stuff I imagine. I found out I'm pregnant thursday, already he won't let me use any cleaning stuff, can't go to the shop on my own and he's only just let me attempt to wash up. lol
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    aw, that's kinda sweet. I'd make the most of it tbh!
  • Options
    If he's not letting you do stuff then make the most of it. But yes, you can most stuff you did before getting pregnant with the exception of sky diving etc.
  • Options
    its nice i guess, but hes not entirely self motivated when it comes to cleanin lol. so unless i attempt to do it, n he sits me down n takes over, it stays there for a while.
  • Options
    I had severe morning sickness right through my pregnancy and cleaning and stuff used to make me worse.

I had to brave it though cos my other halfs attempt at it was never good enough :p
  • Options
    try using a steam cleaner? if you can get hold of one
  • Options
    Janjan wrote: »
    Something I have to know before my bf drives me mad already, is it safe to use kitchen or bathroom cleaning products (containing bleach) during pregnancy? (Baring in mind I am not drinking it)

:yes: - if it wasn't you could make a lot of money sueing the manufacturers for forgetting to add the label 'do not use if pregnant.'