Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Leaving food out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Say you had some leftover pizza and a yogurt you were going to bring to work for lunch, but you forgot it and it sat out for like 9 hours... could/would you put it back in the fridge and it would be alright to eat tomorrow? The wastefull man is trying to throw them out but I think it would be alright...

Comments

• Options
    my_name wrote: »
    Say you had some leftover pizza and a yogurt you were going to bring to work for lunch, but you forgot it and it sat out for like 9 hours... could/would you put it back in the fridge and it would be alright to eat tomorrow? The wastefull man is trying to throw them out but I think it would be alright...

If the pizza was covered and not in a sweaty place then :yes:
    Yoghurt :no:
  • Options
    If the pizza was covered and not in a sweaty place then :yes:
    Yoghurt :no:

The pizza was in a ziplock... so I guess it could be considered covered
  • Options
    It's quite cold round your way right now, so I am sure it's allright to eat. Unless you had the heating on while you were at work....
    Cold pizza is the best btw!!
  • Options
    You're supposedly not supposed to leave yoghurt out for more than two hours due to the bacteria that's in it naturally. I don't know, I generally don't err on the side of caution but it's probably best to.

Pizza will be fine! :thumb:
  • Options
    yoghurt must be ok for more than two hours,. or there'd be a lot of poorly school children. But, I wouldn't have it after 9 hours. Pizza I'd eat.
  • Options
    yeah pizza the next morning is the best :thumb:

Same with anyother takeaway, oh yeah., re-mircrowaved indian Although now days i'm too greeyd for any left overs, ha :p