Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dmt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, never really had the urge to try anything stronger than weed apart from Psychedelics because I've always been quite interested in them. Never actually taken any though party due to the length your tripping for on something like LSD, that has kinda put me off doing it. Then a while back I found out about DMT and wanted to try some but I'd never have gone out my way to get any, so if I never found any I wouldn't be that disappointed. Any ways, to cut a long story short I smoked some Saturday early in the AM, not sure how much, I said it was my first time and that I was a light weight (when it came to weed) but still wanted all the "good stuff" to happen, guess I was a bit worried, but in a good way, so I went to the loo while he loaded up the pipe, hoping it wouldn't be a big dose but also hoping it was :lol:

I had read a fair bit about DMT before hand so I knew what I was in for but all the reading in the world could never actually prepare you for the actual trip! I knew how quickly you come up after smoking it but I was still quite surprised and a little scared at the sudden onset. I remember thinking "that smells rubbery and tastes like shit" and never got a decent lung full but I noticed a distant sound of buzzing not long after. The 2nd toke was a bit better and the buzzing grew and it sounded really intense. Then I had a mega intense case of a vibrating feeling, everything that was vibrating was in rhythm with the buzzing sound and I'm thinking "Ahhhh shut, the fuck up!!!!". Then from what I recall there were loads of shapes that were interlocking and moving perfectly which had formed like a hall and I felt like I was sinking, as if I was water skiing and I was going back sinking in to the water, and then it was like, BAM! Everything stopped, no ringing sound, no nothing apart from an open space filled with pulsating white light which started evaporating after what seemed like a few minutes. When the light was moving away these mental colours were forming like a platform and in the distance coloured shapes like hills formed and I could hear people talking as if their all talking over each other and these little dudes that were made up outta energy were talking to me in some weird language telling me that their surprised that I was visiting them.

It was all totally mental and scary/enlightening/comfortable and took a couple hours for me to feel somewhat normal after the trip but felt quite good if a little confused and I remember thinking to myself when getting in to bed the next day to watch a film, "Did that really fucking happen?!"

Would be quite good to do it again but I'm not sure I will, I think I'll leave it there. Was a few times that I was panicking like mad, don't really wanna go through that again so a one off for me :).

Also, I was well glad I was people I knew and that the place I was in was familiar because I wouldn't of been a happy bunny!

Comments

• Options
    quality report, sounds interesting. i've heard mckenna and joe rogan talking about it on youtube, was it the leaf stuff you smoked? im intreagued by it
  • Options
    No, it was like a white crystal powder, the leaf is Ayahuasca I think which is usually drunk in a tea but can be smoked.

EDIT: DopeCast have a good show talking about DMT and give some good commentary after toking on some - http://media.libsyn.com/media/dopecast/Dopecast30.mp3
  • Options
    Out of interest, how much powder did you use? Was it a really small amount?

Was it a white powder or more crystals?
  • Options
    Not sure how much it was, I'd rather of not known like I say but judging by the effect, prolly around 20-30mg (?). It was sort powdery crystals.
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    I really didn't know that was the effects of DMT until i listened to that audio. Very interesting and alot more up my street if the effects only last that long. Only thing is i have never come across it in my life time and i doubt i'll come across it any time soon. I shall keep a lookout !
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    Not sure how much it was, I'd rather of not known like I say but judging by the effect, prolly around 20-30mg (?). It was sort powdery crystals.

The reason I ask, is by your account of the DMT and your experience it almost sounds more like 5-meo-dmt, but of course I'm just speculating. Did you see the powder as it was being put into the pipe?
  • Options
    Nope, but I did see the powder in the tube. Just Googled for a picture, may well of been 5-meo-dmt then? Bit like crushed rock salt.

5meo_dmt_summary1.jpg
  • Options
    you can buy the leaf of the net, doubt they ship to england
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Tried it years ago. Hated it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Nope, but I did see the powder in the tube. Just Googled for a picture, may well of been 5-meo-dmt then? Bit like crushed rock salt.

I am just guessing really, its just very pure DMT seems to be relatively rare on the market, where as 5-meo-dmt is one of those wierd chemicals you can buy on the net as a pure powder. That and your experience sounded a bit more like 5-meo.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I heard an unconfirmed report that there is a bit of 5-MeO-DIPT about at the moment...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »
    I heard an unconfirmed report that there is a bit of 5-MeO-DIPT about at the moment...

Its played a very small part on the drugs scene of the UK for years, I presume much like pretty much everything else you can buy it on the net if you look hard enough, user reports are really varied though.
  • Options
    you can buy the leaf of the net, doubt they ship to england

That's Ayahuasca, it can make you sick as a dog. Shamans use it a lot in South America as part of a healing process for sick people. I think its smoked in a massive joint and then drunk in tea or a minging brew some hours later. After the part where the person think their dying it's sposed to be quite nice.
    I am just guessing really, its just very pure DMT seems to be relatively rare on the market, where as 5-meo-dmt is one of those weird chemicals you can buy on the net as a pure powder. That and your experience sounded a bit more like 5-meo.

I've been doing some research in to 5-MEO and it seems more likely it was that, I will try and find out for sure. Not to bothered about it though, it's done now :).
  • Options
    That's Ayahuasca, it can make you sick as a dog. Shamans use it a lot in South America as part of a healing process for sick people. I think its smoked in a massive joint and then drunk in tea or a minging brew some hours later. After the part where the person think their dying it's sposed to be quite nice.

I've been doing some research in to 5-MEO and it seems more likely it was that, I will try and find out for sure. Not to bothered about it though, it's done now :).

Ayahuasca is DMT, well sort of, it is normally a mix of DMT, 5-meo-dmt and a MOAI to make it work orally, the action is significantly longer that way.

I wasnt really mentioning it for any reason, I was just wondering thats all. They are similar, its just the dose of 5-meo is a lot lot smaller and its less visual.
  • Options
    You ever tried it Budda, what are your opinions? How did it compare to other psychedelics?
  • Options
    You ever tried it Budda, what are your opinions? How did it compare to other psychedelics?

I had some 5-meo probably 5 years ago now I would say, its certainly very powerful stuff, though I'm not sure there is really anything deep to it, I didnt think it a very useful hallucinogen.
  • Options
    Yeah I guess it's down to the person, if your looking for something a little way out west and maybe have certain beliefs then it's probably better suited for that person.
  • Options
    Yeah I guess it's down to the person, if your looking for something a little way out west and maybe have certain beliefs then it's probably better suited for that person.

Possibly, I've heard better things about DMT itself, as it is supposed to be more visual. I just thought there was too much body load, and it was too fast to learn from.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    I am just guessing really, its just very pure DMT seems to be relatively rare on the market, where as 5-meo-dmt is one of those wierd chemicals you can buy on the net as a pure powder.

Is that legit? Or is it only dealt through some loophole?
  • Options
    Is that legit? Or is it only dealt through some loophole?

Not that I know of, I assume that 5-meo-dmt is covered by the current drug laws both in the UK and the US, although 5-meo-dmt might not have been covered by UK drug law untill the change in 2005.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Yup, the 5-MEO family are all Class A.
  • Options
    Yep, thought so.