Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

should I tell him?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive started getting feelings for a really good friend of mine. And its all my mums fault cos she noticed how weve been going out a lot lately. She knows him really well and wants me to send him a valentine!

But after her saying it I think its becoming true. He makes me laugh, is really nice, lives about 5 mins walk from me, we go to college together, have same interests and friends, are doing same thing at university next year. It kinda would be perfect if we got together.

But I dont want to ruin what we have as friends. My best friend who knows him really well thinks i should tell him. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    I think you'll always be thinking 'what if' if you don't. :)
  • Options
    go for it :thumb:

If you're good friends now, you probably wouldn't lose him as a friend by telling him, he's more likely just to be very flattered. If you think the idea of things going further with him are worth the nerves/risk of telling him, then why not!

Hope it goes well for ya
  • Options
    ok thanks :D

oh god, scared of what he'll say.....i hope it works, we both deserve it - neither of us has had a proper long-term relationship before.
  • Options
    aw well good luck. let us know how it goes yea? :)
  • Options
    Mums generally can tell these things. Good luck!
  • Options
    aye sounds a perfect match. I am sure he will be made up. Good luck.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    I think you'll always be thinking 'what if' if you don't. :)

Indeed. Good luck!
  • Options
    Lucky you! It is usually a nightmare getting a boyfriend that both you and your mum like :razz: You are already one step ahead. I say go for it :thumb:
  • Options
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes... :)
  • Options
    I told a female friend I liked her a couple years ago, she didn't feel the same but we are still best of mates though, go for it :).
  • Options
    Go for it.

I won't lie and say it isn't a risk, but you seem the sensible type so hopefully it'll all work out :)
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote: »
    Ive started getting feelings for a really good friend of mine. And its all my mums fault cos she noticed how weve been going out a lot lately. She knows him really well and wants me to send him a valentine!

But after her saying it I think its becoming true. He makes me laugh, is really nice, lives about 5 mins walk from me, we go to college together, have same interests and friends, are doing same thing at university next year. It kinda would be perfect if we got together.

But I dont want to ruin what we have as friends. My best friend who knows him really well thinks i should tell him. What do you think?

Aren'T you in a relationship?

If not anymore I'd definitely advice you to go for it. Best friends are best partners in my book...
  • Options
    Mums know best in pretty much everything I find so I'd say go for it although I do know what you mean when you don't want to ruin a friendship.

I've got someone after me now but I'm not willing to let the friendship die when I don't feel the same feelings for her in that way. Also, telling a friend you're crazy about them is a risk, I did and now she won't even speak to me.

That said, I'd definitely go for it.