Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Pill missed - what are the chances.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there, I've read the recent article about missed pills but it doesn't seem to include my/our situtation.

My girlfriend missed a pill (combined, Cilest) she thinks on a friday then on the following friday or maybe thursday I didn't pull out as I thought it was 5 days that you should use other contraception. It says on the info sheet that it is 7 days so we're a bit frightened.

But then on the link in the recent "missed a pill?" post (http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/safersex/contraception/faqmissingthecombinedpill)
it says that providing the last packet had been taken correctly (specifically the last 7 days) and that the rest is taken correctly then the contraceptive still works. But she takes 21 pills and then 7days for her period, so during that "last 7 days" she was not taking any pill.

Unfortuately she can't fully remember exactly which day it was missed and doesn't like me asking her about it.
I'm basically confused about the pssible contradiction between the article (that cites cilest) and the cilest sheet.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's not a lot you can do about it now really.

Missing one in the first/last week is always a little more iffy than the rest of the packet.

At the moment the inserts say if you miss one then extra protection for a week, but the guidelines changed fairly recently to say missing one is usually ok.

There's a good flow chart on fpa website which should clear things up for you.