Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

bottles or cans

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bottles. Although really I'm another vote for the pint glass, its rare that I drink anything that I could drink straight out of the bottle/can in public anyway!
  • Options
    In Austria we do not drink pints but "Krügerl". I prefer drinking out of those of course than out of the bottle. Krügerl > Bottle > Can.

I have one of those stoneware Krügerl. because they kick ass.

Other than that my Starobrno Krügerl, which is massive and simply beautiful, or my U Kalicha Seiterl.

uhh... I'm not a big drinker :p promise, I just have a few beer mugs.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Krügerl,

= stein?
  • Options
    otter wrote: »
    = stein?

no. Krügerl is the word to make a "Krug" smaller. like. Mate - Matey.
    Dog - Doggy.

Krug is just "pitcher", "jar" or "mug"...

Krügerl is half a liter (0,5l) of Beer, OR the beerglass itself.
    A Seiterl is 0,33l of beer.
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »

Rather have a bottle of wine and a straw though :yum:

:lol: You do rock. :heart::heart:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    In Austria we do not drink pints but "Krügerl". I prefer drinking out of those of course than out of the bottle. Krügerl > Bottle > Can.

I have one of those stoneware Krügerl. because they kick ass.

Other than that my Starobrno Krügerl, which is massive and simply beautiful, or my U Kalicha Seiterl.

uhh... I'm not a big drinker :p promise, I just have a few beer mugs.

:chin: I had pints when i was in austria (well "large beer or small beer?" but large was a pint!), maybe its only in the touristy skiing areas though? That said the beer was pretty impressive there, trying to remember the name of it but i cant atm :(
  • Options
    Cans. Why pay more for less? Drinking cans is more enjoyable - in my eyes the same as drinking a pint in the pub is better than drinking a bottle in the pub. Plus, bottled beer doesn't actually seem to taste that much nicer to me.
  • Options
    They had cans at the Superbowl party I was at tonight. I felt positivly festive. Until half thru the first when somebody brought a case of longnecks. I then started grabbing those first until they were gonel.

So people keep saying theres such a huge difference in price between bottles and cans, so what kind of a difference is it? I couldn't imagine it would actually be that much... :\
  • Options
    muse- wrote: »
    :chin: I had pints when i was in austria (well "large beer or small beer?" but large was a pint!), maybe its only in the touristy skiing areas though? That said the beer was pretty impressive there, trying to remember the name of it but i cant atm :(

The card where you order from said "a pint" ? The only places where this happens is those irish pubs, or bars that try to be one. A Krügerl is pretty much a Pint, seeing that a pint is, 0,53 or something liter (so more than a half liter).

Large beer is a Krügerl here, if they called it pint (and even poured a pint, you need glasses with a different calibration mark obviously), then it's rather unusual, but ok.... nothings impossible.
    my_name wrote: »
    They had cans at the Superbowl party I was at tonight. I felt positivly festive. Until half thru the first when somebody brought a case of longnecks. I then started grabbing those first until they were gonel.

So people keep saying theres such a huge difference in price between bottles and cans, so what kind of a difference is it? I couldn't imagine it would actually be that much... :\

over here you pay something extra for glass bottles, but they return the little extra to make sure you return the bottles (they are good for recycling). So if you return a crate of empty beer bottles and get that little in return the difference is almost nil. (a few euros if at all).
  • Options
    Prefer bottles, cans are cheaper, as long as it cider inside its ok with Me :thumb: