Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sundried tomatoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can you make sunblush or sundried tomatos in the oven or do they actually need to be dried in the sun?

Comments

• Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    http://www.recipezaar.com/159923

in the oven by the looks of it, but I have to say the piccie doesnt look to appetising!
  • Options
    200 degrees for 10 hours?!?! WOW haha Think I'll just stick to buying them in a jar!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yeah, maybe a little extreme!! :thumb:
  • Options
    You'll find that's 200F, so basically as low as your oven will go, 110C or Gas mark 1/4. Unless it's the 10 hours bit you were bothered about.
  • Options
    Oh haha I thought it was 200c! It would still be costly though, having the oven on for 10 hours?
  • Options
    Personally I wouldn't bother making sun dreid tomatoes, unless I had a glut of tomatoes that I'd grown or something, and even then I'd be more likely to make them into spaghetti sauce and freeze it.
  • Options
    I bought some in a jar from Morrissons the other day, had them in pesto and thought they were rather nice. They are the kind of thing I would never bother making myself.....