Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Stuffed Peppers

Does anyone have any cool recipes?

I usually mix garlic, tomato puree, rice, salt & pepper, onions and mince to go inside but I'm getting a bit bored of that recipe. I occasionally top them with cheese.

Anyone got any others?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I usually do mine with cous cous and other random things I find and top with cheese.
  • Options
    Rubber has a good on he's posted apparently (i don't like peppers apart from green but only sometimes), have a search in this forum
  • Options
    Stuffed Peppers.

2 Largeish peppers
    1 onion
    1-2 cloves of garlic
    1 large tomato
    200g beef mince
    herbs (basil, oregano, mixed herbs)
    150g Mozarella (the proper stuff that comes in a bag/tub in water, not that horrible processed stuff in shrinkwrap)
    Salt & pepper

Cut peppers in half, deseed but dont cut out the stalk (helps pepper keep it's shape). Boil for 5-7 minutes in water, dry on kitchen papper.

Put the tomato in boiling water for 1 minute, peel the skin off then chop finely.

Chop and fry the onion and garlic on a low heat until softened (about 7 mins), then turn heat up slightly and add the mince. Fry until all the mince is browned. Add the chopped tomato, herbs of your choice, salt and pepper to taste. Heat through for about 5 minutes.

Arrange the peppers in a heat proof dish. Fill peppers with the mince mixture and place in a preheated oven about 190/200c for 10 minutes.

Slice the mozarella and after the peppers have been cooking in the oven for said 10 minutes, place the mozarella on the top. Bake for a further 10 minutes.

Take out of oven, and bask in everyone's glory at how clever you are :)

Funnily enough, just been to Sainsburys and bought peppers for stuffing, but will do cous cous and mozarella this time.
  • Options
    Ooo cheers for that. I shall try it :thumb:
  • Options
    ooh, sounds ace and even I could do this. peppers on the shopping list tomorrow then!
  • Options
    Yeah they are. If you have 2 halves you only need a bit of salad or small portion of veg. The cous cous ones are very filling. I usually make a rosti, just the break the meal up a bit.
  • Options
    I usually have mine with a small portion of potato wedges :blush:

Does that make me greedy? :p

I don't halve mine. I only use one pepper as well.
  • Options
    I did a cous cous, onion and mushroom stuffing, topped with gruyerre and parmesan tonight, was yummy :yum:
  • Options
    i know, but bloody expensive. had a bit left over from the souffle macaroni cheese i did.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Do you just cut the top off them, ie the bit with the stalk? In my mind, it's what I imagine I would do

ooo decisions decisions

Yeah. I slice off the top, take the stalk out and take all the seeds out then stuff it.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I wish I liked peppers, all these things sound lovely :yum:
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    Do you just cut the top off them, ie the bit with the stalk? In my mind, it's what I imagine I would do

ooo decisions decisions

I usually do it like that. I know quite a lot of people who cut them in half down the middle of the stalk though. Don't suppose it matters as long as they can be filled.