Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What Do You Think of Gordon Brown?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Stories like this make me think he just a professional Penny Pincher and doesn't know how to do anything else except find new ways to tax people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6258327.stm

He's certainly not the person I want to be the next PM, but then I wonder if he's the guy that is basically the heavy in the government .. there to take the flack for the PM for taxes.

Comments

• Options
    Fed up with the lot of them tbh.

I was naive enough to once think that Brown would actually make a difference once he became/becomes PM but it seems he lacks the balls to make up for the mistakes he and others in the cabinet have made and he looks like he's ready to make new ones himself.

Ideally I would like to see Alan Johnson become PM and a thorough "changing of the guard" in the Cabinet but that isn't going to happen.

There's very little much on offer as an alternative either.
  • Options
    Same as Blair but with less charisma. Don't like him at all.
  • Options
    The only potentially postive thing about him is that he might turn up to be rather less enthusiastic about the so-called 'special relationship' with our masters across the Pond and the war on Iraq than the Poodle is.

But that's about it. And it remains to be seen what he'll do on that front.

He has got a good record as Chancellor, though I have to say things are starting to look unhealthy at the moment.

If it were down to me I'd put Ken Livingstone in charge. Or even Claire Short.
  • Options
    I think that he should treat Snoopy better and finally admit that he loves Marcie.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    The only potentially postive thing about him is that he might turn up to be rather less enthusiastic about the so-called 'special relationship' with our masters across the Pond and the war on Iraq than the Poodle is.

But that's about it. And it remains to be seen what he'll do on that front.

He has got a good record as Chancellor, though I have to say things are starting to look unhealthy at the moment.

:lol: unhealthy doesn't begin to cover it...even as politicians go he is a dodgy fucker, if he runs the country anything like the treasury then we're all fucked. It never ceases to amaze me how he can tax us to death and still overspend a ridiculous amount.....give it a year or two and you will see his miracle economy begin to unravel, and it's the younger generation i.e. us that will be paying for it for years (well not me I won't be here).....just to give you an example, overall debt is at around 40% of GDP and rising, and that's before you factor in public sector pension deficit (estimated at around £1 trillion), and various dodgy PFI schemes.....this notion that he is somehow a prudent chancellor is all just PR spin when you look at the numbers.
  • Options
    Make the home secretary pm
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    Make the home secretary pm

Please tell me you're joking, Reid is not only completely incompetant, but is a total fascist.
  • Options
    Scottish prick who believes in big government.
  • Options
    I think that he should treat Snoopy better and finally admit that he loves Marcie.

That's Charlie;)

I think he's a Scottish cunt who would benefit immensely by being blown into a squillion pieces by a terrorist bomb. He's just like Blair in every way- he's a Scot, he's corrupt to the core, he's a cheat and a liar, and he's a warmongerer. Blair and Brown are two cheeks of the same arse, as the otherwise-detestable George Galloway put it.