Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

January Transfers...anything exciting?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Interesting so far for burnley!! quite impressed

Micah Hyde Burnley -> Peterborugh £100k
Ade Akinbiyi Ade Ade Ade Ade Ade Sheff Utd -> Burnley £650k
Mike Pollitt Wigan -> Burnley loan
Djemba Djemba Villa -> Burnley loan

the rumour that David Healy might be on his way to the turf wont die round these parts either....would be a class signing, but i cant see it happening...seems like we get linked to all the irish ones at the mo.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    We managed to get rid of that thug Ben Thatcher, and for money as well. :yippe:
  • Options
    Cardiff have got Peter Wittingham from Aston Villa for 350k. Has played 50 games in the Premiership so hopefully he can do us some good. We still need a striker mind, I would have a look at Jermaine Easter personally.
  • Options
    you wont be able to afford jermaine easter i wouldnt have thought, they'll be wanting big money i would have thought with his current profile.

we had whittingham on loan a couple of seasons ago and he were shocking, absolute shite, too lightweight for the championship, soft little whinger. hope he's better for your lot.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    you wont be able to afford jermaine easter i wouldnt have thought, they'll be wanting big money i would have thought with his current profile.

we had whittingham on loan a couple of seasons ago and he were shocking, absolute shite, too lightweight for the championship, soft little whinger. hope he's better for your lot.

We have some transfer money stashed away somewhere apparanty....not sure if i trust where it came from mind...lighting surely can't strike twice though. Where are falling down is noone wants to come because our training facilities are shite.
  • Options
    Leeds are close to signing Celtic's Alan Thompson! :D :thumb:
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Leeds are close to signing Celtic's Alan Thompson! :D :thumb:

preparing for relegation.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    preparing for relegation.
    Fuck knows what we are doing!
    On paper looking at names looks like we've made some decent signings, but most of them are on the wrong side of 30, we get rid of all our quality youth thats come through the academy and replace them with has-beings, hope it pays off but we'll see in the next month or so whether that will be the case, otherwise yes I'm personally preparing for relegation.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    Interesting so far for burnley!! quite impressed

Micah Hyde Burnley -> Peterborugh £100k
    Ade Akinbiyi Ade Ade Ade Ade Ade Sheff Utd -> Burnley £650k
    Mike Pollitt Wigan -> Burnley loan
    Djemba Djemba Villa -> Burnley loan

the rumour that David Healy might be on his way to the turf wont die round these parts either....would be a class signing, but i cant see it happening...seems like we get linked to all the irish ones at the mo.

LMAO at super ADE!

Thank goodness he didn't come back to Stoke, £650k for a 32 year old is steep!
  • Options
    watford have just turned down 8 million for ashley young, seems much more than i would value him at, hes been poor this season.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    LMAO at super ADE!

Thank goodness he didn't come back to Stoke, £650k for a 32 year old is steep!

Ade was awesome for us when we had him last time, scored quite a few goals in his short spell, was wasted at Sheff utd, didnt want to leave in the first place.

just wait till we have Andy Gray, Akinbiyi and Lafferty. best strikeforce in the league.
    will do for me.
  • Options
    We signed the new Hagi :thumb:

We've also nicked Gogita Gogua from under the nose of Ajax and we're holding talks with Ongjen Koroman, who's on loan at Pompey just now.
  • Options
    We signed Craig Brewster on a free after he got sacked as Dundee United boss.

He's 40 years old but he's still so fit and he's the most intelligent player I've seen in years. Kept us in the cup last week.

Of course us being Aberdeen he fucked his shoulder on Saturday and is out for six weeks now.

I'll just be happy if we can keep hold of Anderson, if we can keep him we've got an outside chance of the Champions League, if we lose him we'll struggle for top six. It's a shame as the third biggest team in Scotland we're so dependent on one man, but that's how it is.

He's been linked with the Old Firm and Villa, and he's a 10k a week player currently playing on 2k a week. He loves the club though, and we love him. He deserves a big money move and I'd be happy for him if he moved to the Premiership. I'd be absolutely devasted if he joined Rangers though.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    as the third biggest team in Scotland

:lol:
  • Options
    Apparently Celtic are about to sign our wonderkid Kyle Lafferty, really hope he doesnt go, has a fantastic future ahead of him. would expect at least 1.5m for him
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    Apparently Celtic are about to sign our wonderkid Kyle Lafferty, really hope he doesnt go, has a fantastic future ahead of him. would expect at least 1.5m for him

The Tims rattling the biscuit tin again? Never.

I doubt Celtic have got £1.50 to spend on Buckie never mind 1.5M.
  • Options

1. We've won more than you, including two European trophies.
    2. We're more stable than you, we've never been relegated in our history and we're the team everyone wants to beat outside the Old Firm
    3. We're more well known than you south of the border and across Europe due to our rich history
    4. Scott Severin moved to us on a Bosman from you because we're a bigger club
    5. We're more than a play toy for some foreign businessman
    6. Our fans aren't a bunch of scarf twirling Gorgie minks :D
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:

He's from my town. Used to play against him at youth level and he'd demolish you. I remember when he was 13 or something and came on at an U16 game as a sub with half an hour to go, and his team losing. Scored a hat-trick, and won his team the game. He's quality. If you keep Lafferty and sign Healy from Leeds you'll have the Norn Iron strike-force! Go Burnley!
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    watford have just turned down 8 million for ashley young, seems much more than i would value him at, hes been poor this season.

Didn't Young say he didn't want to go to West Ham or something?:confused:
  • Options
    Looks like lafferty won't be going for a million and a half, more like half a million!!
  • Options
    Looks like lafferty won't be going for a million and a half, more like half a million!!

Him a boyhood Rangers fan as well.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    1. We've won more than you, including two European trophies.

Get over it. It was fucking ages ago. One of them was a glamour friendly, and that Euro cup they won was so insignificant, UEFA decided to scrap it!

2. We're more stable than you, we've never been relegated in our history and we're the team everyone wants to beat outside the Old Firm

Aye right. Only not relegated, cos Falkirk couldnae afford any more concrete for their stadium, so therefore couldn't be promoted. Hearts are classed as a Cat A match to ALL our opposition. Are Aberdeen? Like baws they are, bitch cakes.

3. We're more well known than you south of the border and across Europe due to our rich history

Erm, I think you'll find that all the goins-on's at Hearts in the past couple of seasons, that Hearts are hardly out the news daan saaf. When was the last time there was a national radio station who did an article on The Sheep Lovers? Probably never.

4. Scott Severin moved to us on a Bosman from you because we're a bigger club

Scott Severin tried to shoot higher than he could reach, and tried to use Aberdeen as a stepping stone to bigger things like the Huns or the Premiership. It was a blow losing him, but I bet he's fucking gutted he's still there.

5. We're more than a play toy for some foreign businessman

Yeah, just a play toy for the Scotsman with the tighest arse in the World. He's tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm.

6. Our fans aren't a bunch of scarf twirling Gorgie minks

No, just inbred farmers who have a delight for fucking sheep.

You're a wee team, even behind the Cabbage. Your recent success in the league is starting to feel it's hangover, and the poor results are starting to roll in. Your recent attendances prove this.
  • Options
    Get over it. It was fucking ages ago. One of them was a glamour friendly, and that Euro cup they won was so insignificant, UEFA decided to scrap it!

That'll be why we beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid on the way to winning it, is it?

Because of this success and the succesful period we had over the early eighties, the manager moved onto Manchester United where he's presided over the one of the most successful periods in the clubs rich history.

Hearts don't even have a history really, other than fucking the league up against Dundee on the last day :lol:
    Aye right. Only not relegated, cos Falkirk couldnae afford any more concrete for their stadium, so therefore couldn't be promoted.

Complete balls, we avoided going into a three team relegation play-off that year, rather than being automatically relegated.
    Erm, I think you'll find that all the goins-on's at Hearts in the past couple of seasons, that Hearts are hardly out the news daan saaf. When was the last time there was a national radio station who did an article on The Sheep Lovers? Probably never.

The only reason you've got press is because the club is a complete and utter joke, rather than for the fantastic on pitch acheivements, i.e scraping past a second divison team on penalties to win a cup by default, finishing above the worst Rangers team in living memory and getting papped out of Europe twice in a month.

Whereas we've spent next to nothing, got a team together on a millionth of the budget and we're STILL above you. That doesn't get press - but Aberdeen are still a bigger name than the Lithuanian State Circus in national and European football.
    Scott Severin tried to shoot higher than he could reach, and tried to use Aberdeen as a stepping stone to bigger things like the Huns or the Premiership. It was a blow losing him, but I bet he's fucking gutted he's still there.

Aye, that'll be why he signed a new three year contract last season.
    Yeah, just a play toy for the Scotsman with the tighest arse in the World. He's tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm.

Whilst you clearly know about the tightness of Stewart Milnes arse better than I do :nervous: I'd far rather he's doing what he's doing now - running the club within a strict budget due to the overspending of the 90's.

After all the comings and goings at Tynecastle, all the promises of Champions League titles and World Cup superstars, we're STILL above you having spent fuck all and have a squad full of Scottish talent.

If Stewart Milne ended up buying Tynecastle and build flats all over it then I'd die a happy man.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    That'll be why we beat Bayern Munich and Real Madrid on the way to winning it, is it?

Because of this success and the succesful period we had over the early eighties, the manager moved onto Manchester United where he's presided over the one of the most successful periods in the clubs rich history.

Hearts don't even have a history really, other than fucking the league up against Dundee on the last day :lol:

Complete balls, we avoided going into a three team relegation play-off that year, rather than being automatically relegated.

The only reason you've got press is because the club is a complete and utter joke, rather than for the fantastic on pitch acheivements, i.e scraping past a second divison team on penalties to win a cup by default, finishing above the worst Rangers team in living memory and getting papped out of Europe twice in a month.

Whereas we've spent next to nothing, got a team together on a millionth of the budget and we're STILL above you. That doesn't get press - but Aberdeen are still a bigger name than the Lithuanian State Circus in national and European football.

Aye, that'll be why he signed a new three year contract last season.

Whilst you clearly know about the tightness of Stewart Milnes arse better than I do :nervous: I'd far rather he's doing what he's doing now - running the club within a strict budget due to the overspending of the 90's.

After all the comings and goings at Tynecastle, all the promises of Champions League titles and World Cup superstars, we're STILL above you having spent fuck all and have a squad full of Scottish talent.

If Stewart Milne ended up buying Tynecastle and build flats all over it then I'd die a happy man.
    You're what, 2 points above us in the league? This is after us going on a terrible run and not getting a win in 9 games. If you were a decent team you'd be further ahead of us than that!

Aberdeen fans live so much in the past it's not even funny. Sorry to say Bri, but we may be firing on all cylinders just now, but we're getting the positions sorted in that team that we're lacking in. And we're building for the future. Two hugely bright prospects are choosing to come to us on 5 year deals instead of Celtic, Liverpool and of course those mighty world-beaters Aberdeen. Why is that?
  • Options
    You're what, 2 points above us in the league? This is after us going on a terrible run and not getting a win in 9 games. If you were a decent team you'd be further ahead of us than that!?

That's half my point - we've not even been great this season.

Out of the CIS cup to Queen's Park, dropped some really stupid points, bottled it against the Old Firm, manager likely to play tactical tombola at any given moment, scored a shitload of last minute goals.

Yet we're still above you, and until the last couple of weeks we were a lot further ahead.
    but we're getting the positions sorted in that team that we're lacking in

That was the Barcelona president on the phone, he's just shat himself.

Whoever buys players for Hearts doesn't make a very good job of it. The only reason they've got an OK first team is purely because the sheer numbers of players Kaunus buy and loan to Hearts, at least some of them must be slightly better than the others.
    And we're building for the future. Two hugely bright prospects are choosing to come to us on 5 year deals instead of Celtic, Liverpool and of course those mighty world-beaters Aberdeen. Why is that?

Because Hearts still swallow the "wonderkid" line probably :lol:

The amount of "wonderkids" we've had over the last few years has been pretty amazing. You'll find when they hit 23 and get released and papped off to Montrose and Peterhead that they probably weren't worth the hassle in the first place.

The word gullible does tend to spring to mind when discussing your mob.
  • Options
    Now now children.

Super Caley are fantastic, Celtic are atrocious;)
  • Options
    I'm too stoned and frankly can't be arsed to continue, so I'll leave you with this.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2007.html (Hearts are currently ranked 107th in Europe, Aberdeen joint 165th with the Hobos).

http://www.european-football-statist...ent/avesco.htm (Hearts 3rd biggest attendances in Scotland in 2006-2007 with 16.804 average home crowd; Aberdeen 5th (after Hibs) with 12,247).

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/aberdeen.html (In head-to-head matches over the last 5 years i.e. since Jan 2002), the results are Hearts won 13; drawn 4; Aberdeen won 3.

You were big in the 80's, but just like A Flock Of Seagulls and Frankie Goes To Hollywood (trying to relate to the shite that you like :p) you're nothing now.
  • Options
    You were big in the 80's, but just like A Flock Of Seagulls and Frankie Goes To Hollywood (trying to relate to the shite that you like :p) you're nothing now.

Rather a bunch of has-beens than a bunch of never-weres and never will bes

We'll see what the future holds, should be a good race for 2nd/3rd if nothing else.

A pleasure as always ;)
  • Options
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method3/trank2007.html (Hearts are currently ranked 107th in Europe, Aberdeen joint 165th with the Hobos).
    And Leeds are ahead of Man City and Fulham according to that too. And Newcastle are apparently the 13th best club in Europe. They wish.
  • Options
    And Leeds are ahead of Man City and Fulham according to that too. And Newcastle are apparently the 13th best club in Europe. They wish.
    :thumb: Go on LEEDS!!!!! lol
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    He's from my town. Used to play against him at youth level and he'd demolish you. I remember when he was 13 or something and came on at an U16 game as a sub with half an hour to go, and his team losing. Scored a hat-trick, and won his team the game. He's quality. If you keep Lafferty and sign Healy from Leeds you'll have the Norn Iron strike-force! Go Burnley!

Whenever he's got a chance to play for us he's been awesome, he's got a really bright future ahead of him. i wish him all the best. if he does go for £500k, i'd feel we'd been slightly hard done to, but what can ya do eh!

lets just hope we get someone else in with the money, we've got quite a few Northern Irish players at the turf these days, they even did a sky sports special From Belfast to Burnley...was pretty good.