Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Difference: BETWEEN SEEING AND GOING OUT WITH SUM1

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you were flirting with someone of the opposite sex, went to the cinema with them, that was nice, had a good time, arranged to meet up again, and you found out that a few days later they went clubbing and pulled a random person, surely you'd be miffed?

You would have hoped they'd have liked you too.
  • Options
    budda wrote:
    I presume you dont discuss the other women/men you are dating how do you know that they stop seeing other people at the same time as you?

Well - that's up to them.

I certainly don't discuss specifics with regards to the other people I may be dating, but I do make it clear that I am not exclusive at that point.

Basically I put it down to communication as to how things are going. If the other person doesn't seem keen on going exclusive when you feel that you want to, then don't go down that route - but you can generally get the jist when both of you have the same/similar feelings towards each other and you want to take it that step further.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote:
    If you were flirting with someone of the opposite sex, went to the cinema with them, that was nice, had a good time, arranged to meet up again, and you found out that a few days later they went clubbing and pulled a random person, surely you'd be miffed?

No - I wouldn't as I'd probably done the same!

It's not a case of them "not liking you", it's a case of you're not mutually exclusive and so you're free to do what you want... So why are they in the wrong for copping with somebody in a club?!

To me, flirting with somebody and taking a trip to the cinema doesn't constitute the beginning of a relationship.

Obviously other people have alternative views on this, which is more than fair enough.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote:

Exactly. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned or square, but once someone's hit the radar strongly enough to have a few dates or whatever, and the dates have gone well, why-oh-why still be out on the pull :confused:

If the dates go nowhere and the girlie or guy in question turns out to be a crashing bore, fair enough, end it and go totty spotting, but doing so whilst seeing someone else is just insulting.
  • Options
    Meryn wrote:
    Exactly. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned or square, but once someone's hit the radar strongly enough to have a few dates or whatever, and the dates have gone well, why-oh-why still be out on the pull :confused:

If the dates go nowhere and the girlie or guy in question turns out to be a crashing bore, fair enough, end it and go totty spotting, but doing so whilst seeing someone else is just insulting.

Fair enough - different horses for different courses.

I stand by my opinion though.
  • Options
    I wasn't having a go - it's genuine confusement, but one, I suppose, which won't be clarified, as you've said, it's a matter of completely different world views.

If I'm interested in and going out with one person, I just can't imagine wanting to pull someone else, 'cos I'd be too walking on air about person no. 1 (remembering that the first bit of any fling is always the most exciting)...
  • Options
    Ooops, double posting. Can't you delete old posts any more??
  • Options
    Meryn wrote:
    I wasn't having a go - it's genuine confusement, but one, I suppose, which won't be clarified, as you've said, it's a matter of completely different world views.

If I'm interested in and going out with one person, I just can't imagine wanting to pull someone else, 'cos I'd be too walking on air about person no. 1 (remembering that the first bit of any fling is always the most exciting)...

Hahaha - don't worry, I hadn't taken any offence!

I just couldn't be bothered typing my thoughts out again... :)

I think it's also down to the fact I just don't get *that* excited about going on dates any more, and so it's all very 'normal' to me.