Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Losing Weight - The fat & less attractive one

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I tend not to put on any real weight over the Christmas period as I don't go nuts on the food, and don't have the worlds biggest sweet tooth.

I did put on a little *something* due to a lot of drinking over Nov/Dec (not been working), but as soon as I hit the new year, I cut that right out (or at least down a heck of a lot) and it dropped back off (that's without taking anything) by controlling the diet and hitting the gym.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Give this a try:

Hot Rox Extreme

It certainly does work. It's a little intense the first few times you take it, but you get used to the effects. It literally melts the fat off you. Combined with a healthy diet and a good exercise plan, the results are astounding.

G.
    those things ain't good for you.
  • Options
    Wow... I have been excercising a lot this week and fee awesome!
  • Options
    wicked! nice one!
  • Options
    those things ain't good for you.

... and the evidence you're basing that comment on is?
  • Options
    ive lost quite a bit of weight since school started again. concidering the curriculum in gym requires a whole lot more exercise than my other younger school experiences.

i dont have a number to show mow much i lost but i have been looking a bit thinner.

so, my best advice, work out for a little while a day, cut back on snacking, and more importantly, dont pay attention to it. if you stress about it, youll never be happy with how it looks. but if you be like "hmm im a little pudgy" one day, work out without caring for about two weeks, and come back, youll be like "damn, i dont look too bad"
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    ... and the evidence you're basing that comment on is?
    For starters, the disorientation you mentioned just shows that they are putting a strain on your body or something.

How the hell can something like that be healthy?
  • Options
    It scares me that i am the overweight not so attractive one of the friends, yet im only about a size 12! Its just because they are extremely thin and all dress far more glam than i wud ever consider.
    But back to the main point.
    Dont go crazy to start with as it wont help. and make sure you're still eating some fat as otherwise your body will not get rid of the fat as it will store it.

Wheni lost most weight, i did exercise for 30-40 mins 3 times a week. NOthing too hardcore. MOst aerobic classes last 45-60 mins so its always good to do one of those if you find one style you enjoy.

I ate alot of fresh fruit and salady type stuff as snacks, and grilled or baked food instead of frying! made all the difference.
    I didnt stop eating the things i loved tho, just did it in moderation!

I just got lazy and ate more and more and exercised less and less. Trying to get back into the habit now... but its slow lol

And its hard to lose weight when you dont have a lot to lose so dont be put off if it comes off at first and then stops. Thats when the dedication part hits. GOod luck.
  • Options
    For starters, the disorientation you mentioned just shows that they are putting a strain on your body or something.

How the hell can something like that be healthy?

Perhaps 'disorientation' is not the correct word, but yes, you certainly notice when it kicks in - but you still didn't provide any evidence to back up your statement.
  • Options
    Excersize is easy once you get into a small grove, eating the right things or not as much of the bad things is the tough part. When I was little I weighed 170 and the doctor was worried about my blood pressure already and the such so I forced myself through a good 2 years and now im a healthy adult with a good BMI(The weight that you should try to achieve for your height)

I am 133lb atm and ive held it for years but it definately wasnt an easy task so just hang in there.
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    :yes: A friend of mine, who I'm sure won't mind me posting this as he's extremely proud of his achievement lost 6 stone with slimmers world. As you can see he went from 22 stone to 15 stone. I haven't seen him for a while, but last time I saw him he looked very healthy indeed. He's the resident poet for Borkowski and has a cool picture on the homepage.

ETA: however, I think wyetry has posted some great info, and can't emphasise enough the importance of a balanced diet.
    Thankyou Helen. :heart: That guy seems awesome, he must feel so much better. Good on him!

Am now living off fruit and veg, smoothies, ryvitas spread with a bit of marmite instead of biscuits, I have honey in my tea and not sugar and don't eat much dairy (which I am hoping to cut out for good in the future).

Good thing is that it's encouraging me even more to learn to cook meals without cheese or bread in (fortunately my Mum got me a calender for Christmas with vegetarian recipies from around the world... As a lot of them come from less well off countries and have vegetable based diets.

It's only been a week and with swimming and changing my diet already I feel healthier.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    Perhaps 'disorientation' is not the correct word, but yes, you certainly notice when it kicks in - but you still didn't provide any evidence to back up your statement.
    Well for starters there's common sense. The pill claims to make you 'feel good', ergo it's altering your body chemistry. The fact that it causes you to lose weight so fast cannot be natural either. My worry would be that it has something in it similar to amphetamins and could be addictive too.

I still think that putting something like that in your body is not good for you. Those extra pounds are not an illness which needs to be cured, they're kind of like extra energy stored up which needs to be burnt off with exercise and healthy eating. Those drugs chemically alter your metabolism, wil it even stay the same once you've stopped using them?
  • Options
    Well for starters there's common sense. The pill claims to make you 'feel good', ergo it's altering your body chemistry. The fact that it causes you to lose weight so fast cannot be natural either. My worry would be that it has something in it similar to amphetamins and could be addictive too.

I still think that putting something like that in your body is not good for you. Those extra pounds are not an illness which needs to be cured, they're kind of like extra energy stored up which needs to be burnt off with exercise and healthy eating. Those drugs chemically alter your metabolism, wil it even stay the same once you've stopped using them?

Well, I saw no ill effects.

I will also repeat what I said - it's a fat burning supplement, not a diet pill. I didn't lose any weight - in fact I put a couple of pounds on as I was working out hard and eating a protein rich diet.

I lost a good few percent bodyfat (down to about 11-12% which is very good), yet put some muscle on. I take them now and again - but only when I have a good routine in place (i.e. when I am working and my meals are set around a 'timetable'), and I certainly didn't have any ill effects upon stopping taking them. They're not addictive (physically or mentally) and it doesn't matter if you miss one etc etc etc.

Of *course* there are temporary changes to your body-chemistry when you take something like this, it's how the things bloody work! :lol: My opinion is that if you want to see faster results, then go for something like this as they do work. This effectively raises your core temperature, thus 'burning' the excess body fat away. It's a simple premise. Again - this is not an amphetamine based supplement (I actually wouldn't call those supplements, being honest, as they ARE diet pills - they speed up your metabolism AND curb your appetite. Not something I would ever go for).

It's a similar thing to taking protein/creatine supplements if you're wanting to bulk up. Sure, some of them aren't quite what you could call natural, but as long as they're not steriod based, I would suggest that there is enough research out there to support their safety, or the companies would have had their arses sued off years ago!

Everything you say here is plain conjecture. I did plenty of looking around, checking for reports of any ill effects before I started taking them - much the same as I did before taking any recreational drugs - and found nothing to support any negative claims. I trust that you will do the same? Personally I don't think common sense comes into it if something is safe and you want to go ahead with it. It's a choice.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote:
    I *did* say that in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise you will see great results.
    if you're eating healthily and exercising why would you need to take them?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    if you're eating healthily and exercising why would you need to take them?

It depends how quickly you want results. Also, have you ever tried shifting those final couple of bits of flab? It's not easy.

As I've said before, it's a choice. I'm getting extremely tired of repeating myself to various people.

These products are mainly used by people who have set themselves goals, and who are after results, hence why I linked from www.bodybuilding.com.

The number of people that I know who 'eat healthily' and exercise a lot and yet don't see many results would surprise you.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the changes in your diet and exercise are going well for you Moonrat. It is hard work though. I'm trying to lose a little bit more fat, and gain muscle weight, and it's by no means an easy task. I'd say I was a pretty confident person, but I find the gym pretty intimidating, especially when I'm the only girl doing weights and all the guys are looking :eek: