Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are the paparazzi going too far?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At the same time, though, a lot of celebrity people hire PR people simply to avoid this hassle every time they step foot out of the door.

Google any of those people listed and there will be oodles of paparazzi photos of them.

These photos will only go away when people stop buying the papers than print them. But there's more chance of Satan going to work in snow shoes than there is of that happening. People want to see what celebs look like naked (especially hot princesses-to-be).
  • Options
    Yes but celebrities are paid to entertain on TV/film/music ect not have their privacy violated by a bunch of nosey camerawo/men just to satisfy the first of somebody who has some wierd obsession with how big Lindsey Lohan's thights are getting... It's their private life, they aren't paid to be spied on.
    thing is though, right or wrong, the two go hand in hand and they know it when they start out in the business

every job has it's perks and it's down sides and you need to weigh the two sides up before getting into that particular career

bit of a cliche...but...they use the tabloids as much as the tabloids use them

it's no good celebs selling pictures of their kids/houses/weddings/dogs etc then moaning about having their privacy invaded, because it doesn't wash with me
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    thing is though, right or wrong, the two go hand in hand and they know it when they start out in the business

every job has it's perks and it's down sides and you need to weigh the two sides up before getting into that particular career

it's no good celebs selling pictures of their kids/houses/weddings/dogs etc then moaning about having their privacy invaded, because it doesn't wash with me

I pretty much agree with all of this.

With the obscene amount of money that most celebrities earn, they can buy privacy if they're hankering after it that much.

As Littleali says, it's all part of being famous. I would consider a celebrity incredibly naive to not have thought about the consequence of being famous before stepping into the limelight. Moreover, the rewards for having your picture taken while you're walking the dog / getting the paper / being on holiday are ample. The chances are the houses and holidays in the Caribbean are a direct results of being famous, and if they getting pictured whilst being there, then big whoop.

Any celebrity with nous will use the paparazzi as much at they’re used by them, employ a decent PR company to protect them as much as possible, then sit back and count their ridiculous amounts of cash. Money might not always be a fair trade off for invasion of privacy, but I’m sure as hell it makes a bitter pill easier to swallow.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:

I disagree though. I mean fair enough if they go to a high profile club where a lot of photographers know celebrities hang out, but intruding on somebody's private lives and stalking them when they go on holiday is unfair.

Just because somebody wants to be a singer and entertain does not entitle people to pry in to their own private life so that people who probably have no life can gawp about how they've put on weight to a 'podgy' size 12.

Saying that having your private life intruded on is part of the job reminds me of when I was working behind a bar and a man pushed me up agains a wall and touched me up. My boss laughed and tod me that if you work behind a bar being touched up and having your arse pinched is part of the job. Just because you're a celebity doesn't mean you aren't entitled to a private life.

I don't know who are more sicker, people who take he pictures or the people who buy the magazines.
  • Options

Just because somebody wants to be a singer and entertain does not entitle people to pry in to their own private life so that people who probably have no life can gawp about how they've put on weight to a 'podgy' size 12.
    no-one has said they are entitled to do it, no one has said what they do is right...but they know thats the kind of like they are gonna have if they fo into the entertainment industry

like i said, i`m not saying it's right, but it's a fact, a fact they knew about and a fact that a lot of them exploit until they get the notority that they want, then they whinge
  • Options
    Aint this photo just a bit much, all because you happen to be dating someone famous and someone famous not through their own choice but cos they were born into it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/13/nkate13.xml&page=1
  • Options
    Isn't that ^ what machine guns were invented for?
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks that because a person is in the public eye it means that they should be harrassed from dawn till dusk is a fucking idiot.

Littleali- you earn about 20 times more than an African, you're counting the cash in. Should we start following you around all day every day until you cry with despair? After all, you're rolling in it, you deserve it.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Anyone who thinks that because a person is in the public eye it means that they should be harrassed from dawn till dusk is a fucking idiot.

Littleali- you earn about 20 times more than an African, you're counting the cash in. Should we start following you around all day every day until you cry with despair? After all, you're rolling in it, you deserve it.
    my point had nothing to do with money....

my point was that THEY put themselves IN the public eye, they WANT to be known, they WANT to be seen...i dont

when they are "new" they WANT to be photographed, infact they probably love it when they are getting papped when they nip to town

its when they get big, and no longer need the publicity that they start moaning

and calling people "fucking idiots" isn't very constructive.
  • Options
    Just because somebody is a singer, or a footballer, or an actor, or a TV presenter, it doesn't mean that they want to be photographed when they're not working does it?

I'm sure some crave the publicity but many others do not and have not asked for it.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    my point was that THEY put themselves IN the public eye, they WANT to be known, they WANT to be seen...i dont

That makes your argument even more moronic and even more petty.

Doing a public job doesn't mean that you want to be snapped all day every day. What ever happened to a day off? If these celebrities wanted us to see their breasts they'd show us them (like Eva Green did, for instance, and very nice they are too).

And falling in love with a Prince certainly doesn't give peope carte blanche to follow you around all the time.
  • Options