Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Free chlamydia tests at Boots?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
g

Comments

• Options
    No it's not at every store, it's only ones in greater london, and I think only ones with pharmacies. It works along the lines of you go in, say I'd like one, they give you a packet and some instructions, you go off, follow instructions and provide urine sample into container in packet. You then return to the store with your packet and they send it off for analysis.

http://www.boots.com/storelocator/store_search.jsp

Has a store locator which will tell you where your nearest store is that provides the service. A quick google of 'boots' and chlamydia' will bring up the press releases about it and things like that.
  • Options
    I think its just in the London area. I had one done whilst I was in London from the London Euston Pharmacy :blush:

Its basically what Scary Monster said except that you can't take the test unless you haven't been the loo for the previous two hours. They send it off for you and they get back to you in whatever way you choose. I chose to be informed by letter and got it back within 3 days. I was very impressed. Quicker than going to the doctors.
  • Options
    if you email your name and address to sara.biddle@shepwaypct.nhs.uk they will send you one
  • Options
    Details of Boot offer is on DOH website

Territt, I'd be surprised if Shepway will send testing kits anywhere in the country. You'll probably find it's for locals only. However, your local Sexual Health Service should be able to ffer them free too...

There's more information about how you get free tests elsewhere on this site

Good luck and... er... good luck!
  • Options
    The Boots thing is a great idea, and really should be extended. Tis all fine round here, I know one of my mates went shopping in Kingston rather than Woking so she could nip into the Boots there, but that doesn't work for elsewhere in the country.
  • Options
    Territt wrote:
    if you email your name and address to sara.biddle@shepwaypct.nhs.uk they will send you one

is that true or a sly spam technique?
    not that im worried i have chlymidia or anything! ta, i'll probably give it a go if it is true
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    is that true or a sly spam technique?
    not that im worried i have chlymidia or anything! ta, i'll probably give it a go if it is true

no its true, it was inline with a campain done by radio1 i think,
  • Options
    Ive never heard of this before. i had one done at the family plannin centre which was free. thankfully it came back clear :]