Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Work/Play balance - exam panic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
The coming exams are scaring me because I feel I've done so little work this year. I've always been fine with exams and done really well (never got below a B), but this year I seem to have put less effort and work into my a-levels. I've spent too much time going out and drinking, smoking and spending time with my boyfriend and my other friends. I know it's my own fault but I just feel like I want to have fun rather than study.

I'm so angry and frustrated at myself, but I don't care anymore, my subjects are too hard (physics, chemistry and further maths) and I feel I'm out of my depth so I'm blocking it all out. I've got exams in less than 2 weeks and don't know what to do. The pressure to get my predicted grades and working really hard to get them has got too much. I've thought about just giving it up, but then I'm scared that might be a mistake. Does anyone else feel the same???!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Not currently, but I felt the same when I was in an almost identical position (except I didn't smoke).

Knuckle down, do 3/4 past papers a day, before you go back to college, then do one or two in the evenings when you go back. At this point they are the best practise you can get.

If you want any help or links to past papers let me know.

I know it seems really really tempting to give it up, but work hard, get past these exams and think again.
  • Options
    lilulu wrote:
    I'm so angry and frustrated at myself, but I don't care anymore, my subjects are too hard (physics, chemistry and further maths) and I feel I'm out of my depth so I'm blocking it all out. I've got exams in less than 2 weeks and don't know what to do. The pressure to get my predicted grades and working really hard to get them has got too much. I've thought about just giving it up,
    so you want all or nothing? - you either want perfection or to leave?
    ... sounds familiar. i can probably relate to that.
    if your exams are in 2 weeks, the only action you can take now is to really knuckle down and get on with it. at one time or another every single student on the planet has wanted to have more fun than work - thats life, so you're not the only one feeling like that. what will make the difference, is what you're going to do about it right now...
  • Options
    Also remember that if you don't do as well as you'd like, you can always retake the exams in the summer.