Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Part time courses

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Why are they so expensive? I have crap qualifications and i really need to go back to college to get something better. I finally have the motivation that i didn't have when i left school, and i just can't afford it. I'd have to carry on working full time as i have a serious amount of debt so wouldn't be able to attend college full time. So annoying :grump:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The people teaching them are doing it as their full time job, so the fees you pay need to cover their wages plus costs for the place where you'll be studying and books, handouts, etc. It sucks that you'd like the chance to get more qualifications and can't afford it, though. How much more are part time courses in comparison with full time ones?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wildchild wrote:
    How much more are part time courses in comparison with full time ones?
    totally varies according to what you want to study.
    some basic PT qualifications are free.
    most full time courses are also free.
    if you are on benefits - you can get PT courses at a reduced cost / free.
    you could also ask an employer for sponsorship - to pay fees on your behalf esp. so if the qualification is related to your job in any way.
    ETS: there are also career development loans from banks that you could get to help you out financially if you wanted to try something new / progress in what you are doing atm.