Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Taking a company to court

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, I bought something from Microdirect (and now I've read all the shit that everyone else has gone through, I wish I hadn't) which was incompatible with the other PC components I'd bought. Anyways, I returned it, and they said that it was suitable for restocking, and agreed to credit my account. But since that day, they have basically refused to allow me to order anything else (you can't use credit online, it has to be a phone order and they don't answer them). Anyway, basically after reading the testimonies of other people, it seems you basically have to take them to a small claims court in order to get a refund. But the thing is that since it's a compatibility issue, rather than a faulty product issue, they don't actually legally have to give me a refund. So I can't sue them for the money, since legally they don't owe it to me. And technically, they've credited my account. So how to I sue them into letting me order something else. Because frankly, I would actually like to get my computer finished, so I'd rather get my memory from somewhere else, just so I have a computer sometime within a year of me actually buying it.

Quick tip: NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER BUY FROM MICRODIRECT.