Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ipod Nano - Haha!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Addict wrote:
    people seem to get so defensive of their player, especially Zen users in my experience.

So i'm not the only one who see's this!

And itunes is really good so stick with it and get a nice Ipod!
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    So i'm not the only one who see's this!

i'm also an ipod user and have been through about 7 ipods in about 4 years,

the only one that broke that wasn't my fault was the one i have at the moment which just stopped working but i had an inkling since day one it wasn't right as it crashed more often than the one i had last, plus i wasn't too bothered as i have the coverplan anyway and a backup shuffle if anything goes wrong.

As for itunes again i've heard a lot of people slag it off, from my experience i have had no problems with at all and the latest version seems to be more responsive on my system and the coverflow thing is very handy as well

all in all i don't really get the ipod hating team, i had a creative zen years ago and it just wasn't as easy to use as an ipod which is what i look for in a machine (second to sound quality, which again the ipod is one of the best in this category).
  • Options
    Get a Zen Vision - M or a Vision - W. Seriously you will be glad you had! If you are after a player that can play video then look no further.

But of course there are more players than just these 2 makes, IRiver etc are pretty good.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Creative users are always keen to defend their players and seem to revel in criticising iPods, either fairly or unfairly and it's hard to get objective opinions from users because people seem to get so defensive of their player, especially Zen users in my experience.
    I know. It's like the fucking console wars all over again. It's a piece of consumer electronics for God's sake. You don't hear people bragging about how their brand of TV is so much better than another (I hope).

Incidentally, if I was to look at it based on specs and reviews, I would hazard a guess at Sony making the best MP3 players. Much better battery life, the best sound quality going, good looking, reliable and a good pair of earphones too. Not that I've ever used one.
  • Options
    I don't listen to music, but if I did, I'd use my mobile phone which has a 2gb sd memory card, and windows media player :thumb:
  • Options
    I don't listen to music

:lol:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    I reckon its all down to the way you treat your ipod:thumb:

Couldn't have been anything to do with that - I managed to drop my Philips MP3 player several times, which lasted me nearly a year...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Couldn't have been anything to do with that - I managed to drop my Philips MP3 player several times, which lasted me nearly a year...

I didnt say how to treat it, or what would be the worst thing to do to your ipod
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:

I thought iTunes was alright until it decided that it wasn't going to let me add anymore music to the playlist...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I thought iTunes was alright until it decided that it wasn't going to let me add anymore music to the playlist...

haha, mabye it didn't like your choice in music:razz:
  • Options
    Well, I would never have bought an ipod, due to people talking about how shit they are and how poor the battery life is, but I was bought one last christmas. And it is still going strong, still has good battery life and is very easy to use and I like itunes. So, all in all, I'm a convert :D
  • Options
    i had a creative zen for christmas '05. it was fine apart from it used to freeze when first switched on. it stopped working a few weeks ago so i took it back and after much deliberation opted for an ipod nano.

someone please reply to my ipod question thread. :(
  • Options
    Well, I would never have bought an ipod, due to people talking about how shit they are and how poor the battery life is, but I was bought one last christmas. And it is still going strong, still has good battery life and is very easy to use and I like itunes. So, all in all, I'm a convert :D

3 - 0 To the Ipod!

That's what i don't get, people say how bad they are and crap but when you use it for yourself its fine!
  • Options
    i had a creative zen for christmas '05. it was fine apart from it used to freeze when first switched on. it stopped working a few weeks ago so i took it back and after much deliberation opted for an ipod nano.

someone please reply to my ipod question thread. :(

Is that 4 - 0 To the Ipod! :lol:
  • Options
    only if you reply to my question! :grump:

and i haven't actually said i prefer either the creative or the ipod. i only got my ipod yesterday. :)
  • Options
    Ooh err, I got a nano yesterday too! I was swayed by the fact it'd sexy looking, for a start, and pink. Yes, I'm a big girl and that's all it takes. No problems to report so far.

All this mp3 rivalry is a bit pathetic, imo. If you like it, and it works for you, then :thumb:
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Ooh err, I got a nano yesterday too! I was swayed by the fact it'd sexy looking, for a start, and pink. Yes, I'm a big girl and that's all it takes. No problems to report so far.

All this mp3 rivalry is a bit pathetic, imo. If you like it, and it works for you, then :thumb:

agreed!

and yes i was swayed by the pure sexiness of it too. i got a green one! not to everyones taste, i agree. but i'm not keen on the other colours and i like the green one. :D

what gb did you get and how much £ if you don't mind me asking kaff?
  • Options
    4..5..6 Is that 6-0 To The Ipod!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    CoolMe wrote:
    4..5..6 Is that 6-0 To The Ipod!
    Plus 7 positive comments about Zen's.

I make it 7-6 to Creative!
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Plus 7 positive comments about Zen's.

I make it 7-6 to Creative!

bugger, someones keeping count for the zens!
  • Options
    my zen is awesome, got it xmas '04. 60gb Jukebox Xtra, unfortunately its been discontinued now :(

as i've filled it, and want more features (colour screen, video playback, album covers et al) i'm considering getting the 80gb ipod. but honestly don't think it'll be big enough!
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    as i've filled it, and want more features (colour screen, video playback, album covers et al) i'm considering getting the 80gb ipod. but honestly don't think it'll be big enough!

I believe the Ipod just rocked one more vote!!

oh my lord you need more then 80 gb!
  • Options
    well my zen is 60gb, and thats full, so with more music and videos and all that, could well do.
  • Options
    what gb did you get and how much £ if you don't mind me asking kaff?

4gb for 117 squids. My mate's away to America at the moment, so he could have got it a wee bit cheaper over there, but I am impatient and wanted it immediately. Heh. :)

I did consider the green one. It was a toughie for me, cause I probably like green more than pink. But I liked the particular shade of the green less than the pink one, so pink won the day!
  • Options
    ooh bargain! mine was £128 from tesco but i saved 10% off that. :)

i would've liked a black one but they only had that in an 8gb which i did consider buying. was a tough call!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    CoolMe wrote:
    I believe the Ipod just rocked one more vote!!

oh my lord you need more then 80 gb!
    Not really as he said his zen was 'awesome'

:p
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    my zen is awesome, got it xmas '04. 60gb Jukebox Xtra, unfortunately its been discontinued now :(

I don't understand how you could possibly think 80gb isn't enough?

Surely if you fill it up, and you want to add there's stuff you can take off that you don't listen to or have gotten tired off.

Even when I had my 6gb iPod there were albums I could take off, if I needed to add something else instead.

I just want to upgrade because I know with videos I'll need the extra space.
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    That's what i don't get, people say how bad they are and crap but when you use it for yourself its fine!

Crap
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I don't understand how you could possibly think 80gb isn't enough?

Surely if you fill it up, and you want to add there's stuff you can take off that you don't listen to or have gotten tired off.

Even when I had my 6gb iPod there were albums I could take off, if I needed to add something else instead.

I just want to upgrade because I know with videos I'll need the extra space.

true, but in the past i have dj'ed off it, so it helps to have a wide range, esp when you get requests and shit.

80 should be fine, anyway.
  • Options
    O_o wrote:
    true, but in the past i have dj'ed off it, so it helps to have a wide range, esp when you get requests and shit.

Alot of people use Ipods to DJ with:)