Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Merry Christmas! (With reminder)

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
There's a comic I read, and an extra story for christmas. The heroine feels, like many others, untouched by the day and saddened because of it, unlike when she was little. She meets a middle-aged guy in a Santa hat and tells him about it:

"Christmas doesn't affect me any more, it doesn't touch me... Everyone around me shits themselves happy and I don't know how I could share that enthousiasm...
On the other hand, it doesn't feel fitting to act like nothing's up and play playstation all day! When I was a kid I counted days from November..."

Then he tells her something I think many of us should remember:

"That's the harm by all that crap... "Holiday of love" etc. Think about it, what made you expect Christmas as a child? One: No school. Two: Many presents!
Don't fret. Don't expect total happiness just because it's the 25th of December... Go out, buy a pair of very expensive shoes, get drunk and stay in bed until 2am listening again and again to Phil Spector's Christmas album.
It doesn't take much... Just don't fret."

Merry Christmas everyone! Who cares if it doesn't feel like a great day to you? You can have a good time as easily as any other day! :)