Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The Christmas themed rant thread!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So here we have it, a festive "why Christmas sucks for me" thread...

Ranting makes things seem a little less shite...

So... Rant away! :yippe:

Comments

• Options
    I am annoyed because I am annoyed when I should be far more greatful...

A good mate of mine just text me, I'm due down the pub soon but I don't feel especially sociable, despite knowing some wonderful people and wanting to spend time with my brother. The text said "r u ok?" and I told him that Dad phoned, which generally means "no I'm not Ok, but I'll live, I always do"

My Mum is somehow psychic and knows it hurts me, to see me hurt hurts her, to see her hurt hurts me, it sucks.

I'm back stuck in one of the most souless places I've ever been to. Town is mental and full of shrieking hyeana-esque women stumbling over their heels who somehow lack the ability to control the pitch, speed, or tempo of their own voices. They sound like seagulls around a beached whale.

Also, I just found out a mate of mine is on the frontline and is being sent to Iraq in May.

Lame. :grump:
  • Options
    ill rant because i miss my little boy like mad and wont see him till boxing day.
    Christmas is shit.
  • Options
    no family. all alone. don't feel well atm either. xmas used to be pretty horrible when i was a kid. so it totally sucks.
    and its the only time of year when i really realize how much i wish i had a nice family to go home to like everyone else seems to. :(
  • Options
    double posted somehow - thesite keeps fucking up.
  • Options
    I hate Christmas because people always expect me to be happy, people always expect me to be sociable, people always expect me to be someone I'm not. My stupid boyfriend has fucked off to France for Christmas and so I can barely talk to him because he has shitty reception. He rang me last night and it made me miss him even more than I did before and I hate it :(. I hate that I'm not going to be able to see him on Christmas Day. I hate that I'm not going to be able to see him til fucking New Years Eve. I hate that I couldn't afford to spend money on the things people really wanted for Christmas, and had to get cheap, shitty substitutes. I hate that I've done two 9 hour shifts in the last two days, and I'm doing a 10 hour shift on BOXING DAY because I'm far too generous, and because quite frankly, I don't really want to be in the house, and because I need the money so much. I hate how I have lots of college work to do and not a great deal of time to do it in.

Meh.
  • Options
    I don't like how all my coupled up mates make out Christmas would be nothing without their other halves. Then assume i'm crying myself to sleep on Christmas day cos i'm single. That really fucks me off.
  • Options
    The fact I'm expected to be 'happy, happy, happy' and go along with all the joilites when I can't be bothered. I just dont see the point in celebrating this year.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I don't like how all my coupled up mates make out Christmas would be nothing without their other halves. Then assume i'm crying myself to sleep on Christmas day cos i'm single. That really fucks me off.
    :yes: Yeah. This is something that annoys me too.

This is my first christmas in a long time that I've actually been single. I was officially single last year but I kinda had something going on with someone.

I'm 100% happy being single and that isn't going to change just because its Christmas.

I spend at least £100 on a boyfriend at Christmas (despite the fact I'm a student - both of my overdrafts are almost maxed - I live off the money I earn from my part time job) and thats something I really couldn't afford this year. Also, other halves are really hard to buy for in my opinion. Its just alot of effort. I'm glad I don't have a boyfriend cuz I really can't be arsed :lol:

I love Christmas but hate how much it costs. I could only afford to spend £120 this Christmas and that was on my parents and siblings. I worked extra shifts in order to be able to buy them stuff.

Also, I hate it when you don't know what to buy people and you get worried that they might not like what you have bought them!!!
  • Options
    I also hate how my mates in couples, buy presents for my other shacked up mates, but it's not just a present for them, it's a present for the couple.

That makes me sick.
  • Options
    HAHA. Its the same with cards too!
  • Options
    Just comparing this Xmas to last years Xmas, and looking at what I've accomplished this year- most of it is actually negative though. Just getting over the 13 hour shift I did yesterday, and the 4am start shifts I did on Thurs and Fri- tiredness makes me feel eurgh.
  • Options
    Fuck ya's all. I love Christmas.

Though wouldn't mind getting me hole. :crazyeyes
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    no family. all alone. don't feel well atm either. xmas used to be pretty horrible when i was a kid. so it totally sucks.
    and its the only time of year when i really realize how much i wish i had a nice family to go home to like everyone else seems to. :(

*hugs* I think I take my family for granted
  • Options
    Christmas sucks! for me because i dont get to spend it with my boyfriend. I havent seen him for over a week and wont see him for another 2. Its the most time we've spent apart and its horrible :impissed:
  • Options
    I hate it cos I only had one christmas with him, and he broke up with me 2 months ago, and miss him and he PROMISED me that he'd contact me xmas, new year and then to start the "friends" in feb. I text him at 7.30pm tonight. its 11.30pm. NOTHING.

Makes me think what other promises he is/will break and if he has any intention whatsoever to be friends when IT WAS HIS FUCKING IDEA.

My MP4 player song trnasfer isnt working and every room/outside I moved to, there was SOMEONE in my family smoking!!!!

Oh and to top it off : theres people who live downstairs who party all the time with their gangstas. Well they've had a week long one this week.

At 1pm we were going out to the aunty's. Dad forgot his watch so he went running back upstairs, leaving the van on. Mum was yet to come downstairs so it was just me and Dani. I heard the bitch screaming all the swearwords under the sun out of the window, not thinking it was aimed towards us. Looked up from packing my bag and she was poking her ugly head out the window screaming at us about how the exhaust fumes were going in her window. Words such as "fucking" and "c*nts" were every 2nd word.

I was so ready to go and fucking take her on (cept I'd be killed). Mum came down and got screamed at. Mum said calmly "close your window then, I have to put up with your music every night." To which she was called a stupid fat bitch.

This really riled me up and upset me. She threatened to bash up the van... I said to mum we dont have to take this shit! The actual tennant came out (the screaming probably drugged up and completely wasted bitch was someone staying there) and asked what was going on. By that time we were ready to drive off. Really ruined my day.

Mum says she isnt going to do anything unless they bash the car or something similar to todays events. We should not have to put up with this bullshit.

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS!! I'm off to watch Little Britain...