Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Giving Blood this Christmas?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    It should tell you on the giving blood website (which I've forgotten the URL for) whether or not you can give blood - well, it asks you various questions and when you give a certain answer it'll tell you can't igve blood.

I can't give blood (again) due to having another cold. Is it possible for me to give blood even though I self harm?:confused:

The website is: here
    I self harm and I can donate but I really dont know what there rules are. Might be best to drop them an email from the website and find out.
  • Options
    I gave blood beginning of December.

Now they want my platelets :nervous:

Appointment tomorrow night at the hospital. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    This thread has reminded me I really need to go this week before I get another peircing done and wont be able to go for six months.
  • Options
    I've never given blood.

Does this make me a bad person? I'm not a registered organ donor either. Hmm, one of these days I'll sort that out.
  • Options
    Yes. It does :p

I would have given blood before Christmas, but they wouldn't let me as i'd given it too recently before that. I'll be going back in the beginning of Feb when i am allowed - number 6 (i think :S)

And i'm considering registering to be a bone marrow donor this time around as well.