Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Earache :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive got a really bad earche in my left ear. It came on quite sudden and hurts like hell! I also have pain in my glands areound my neck and ears, i get this quite frequently (ever since bf had glandular fever, but i didnt), but it isnt usally acccompained by earache. Normally when i ge this im goven antibiotics but they have not helped and ive had several throat / chest infections over the last 3 months.

Ive tried paracetamol (im severly allergic to ibroprofen and co-codamol), but it doesnt help, does anyone have any suggestions of what i can do / take so i can sleep?

Also I have an appointment with the Drs in the morning about controlling my asthma, do you think it would be worth mentioning to him about my glands (again) and also my earache.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure bout painkillers and what not..but if this is a re-accuring thing and youre seeing your Dr tomorrow then it cant harm mentioning the fact that this keeps happening...
  • Options
    The sharp pain in your ear all of a sudden sounds like a build up of wax. Go to your Dr and see if he can syringe it.
  • Options
    been to the Drs, sorted my asthma out, but sadi he cant do anything for my swollen glands and earche as i have onli just had antibiotics, so i have 2 suffer and take painkillers :(