Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worst Compliments?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think is the worst compliment you can be given? I'd have to say that being called "harmless" would be a pretty shit compliment.

Anyway, compliments you've dished out, recieved or just heard.

Comments

• Options
    "I look like a pretty China doll 'til I open my mouth"
  • Options
    That's so weird. A friend of mine went on a blind date the other day and her one-word summary of the guy was that he was "harmless". I thought that was a terribly shit way to be described, I think I'd even rather be thought of as harmful if push came to shove!

I'll have to have a think about the shittest compliment that's been paid to me personally. But generally speaking surely "you don't sweat much for a fat lass" is up there with the best of 'em ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'll have to have a think about the shittest compliment that's been paid to me personally. But generally speaking surely "you don't sweat much for a fat lass" is up there with the best of 'em ;)
    I could probably have a quick search through the photo thread and come up with the shittest compliment you've been given. It's the thought that counts though, eh?
  • Options
    "aww John your s sweet and lovely" is about the worst for me.
  • Options
    "aww John your s sweet and lovely" is about the worst for me.

Whats so bad about that?

I've had some funny ones. "You're looking pale today, it suits you" is probably the worst recently.
  • Options
    "Hey, you are smarter than you look like."
  • Options
    whats bad about that is if your trying to hook up with a girl and turns around and says that. thats pretty much got you stuffed.

also after giving someone some chocolate I didn't want he turned round and said "you look good today" and I just said ....thank.....you?
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

A mate said "our boys brighter than he looks" so I can relate.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

Yep, I've had that one too.
  • Options
    whats bad about that is if your trying to hook up with a girl and turns around and says that. thats pretty much got you stuffed.

also after giving someone some chocolate I didn't want he turned round and said "you look good today" and I just said ....thank.....you?

he?
    If a girl tells you, that you are looking good today without any cause, it's one of the best things to ear-ally receive.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    "adorable" ¬_¬
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    he?
    If a girl tells you, that you are looking good today without any cause, it's one of the best things to ear-ally receive.

not if its from a bloke! :nervous:
  • Options
    Someone once said to me "i assumed you were braindead" :yeees:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

Haha, I get that all the time and I think it's really sweet. It's good if you don't look exceptionally smart, all the better for taking over the world while everyone's watching the ones who look like brainboxes.

Also reminded me of your average bloke's favourite boudoir compliment, which they seem to think is the height of flattery. One can only assume they go into every rendezvous expecting the Eurotunnel :p
  • Options
    not if its from a bloke! :nervous:

only if you are insecure and homophobe.
  • Options
    Well this blokes not gay and it was just a real random thing to say over handing someone some chocolate.
  • Options
    Take compliments where you can get 'em, I say :thumb:

Though that said, I am generally more flattered by compliments from my own gender. I think for a lot of people it comes very easily to compliment and flatter the opposite sex; I know I myself am always fluffing the ego of my boyfriend and male friends but I only compliment girl friends or random females in pubs when I really mean it. I think lasses can really sense disingenuous compliments at fifty paces.
  • Options
    "Cute"
  • Options
    "Cute"

if you receive that as a girl it's nice...

If you receive that as a boy it's 100% cockblocking. If you're male and labeled cute, you better be prepared for friendship.
  • Options
    "Cute"
    :yes:

Anyone who calls me cute gets glared at.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    if you receive that as a girl it's nice....
    :no: I'd hate to be called cute. I've been called cute a few times before and I'm not keen on it either.

I HATE people complimenting me on my boobs. Ok, thats a lie, I take compliments about them to an extent but boys who are really upfront about it annoy me. Boys who say "you have massive tits" really need to learn some new chat up lines.
  • Options

Boys who say "you have massive tits" really need to learn some new chat up lines.

lol, I just find it funny that some boys would actually just go up to a girl and say that. I mean I think all boys might talk about that sort of thing with their mates as a bit of fun but when it actually comes to trying to chat up a girl or even just talking to one, I would never just come out with something that blunt.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    lol, I just find it funny that some boys would actually just go up to a girl and say that. I mean I think all boys might talk about that sort of thing with their mates as a bit of fun but when it actually comes to trying to chat up a girl or even just talking to one, I would never just come out with something that blunt.

I've had blokes come up and just shove their face between them before. Saying you have big tits is usually the tamest thing.

Men eh.
  • Options
    No joke. It happened to me twice last night. One guy said to me "you have massive boobs, what are you like? a D?" which annoyed me cuz I'm an E :razz: but anyways, then another guy further on in the night grabbed them and went "you have nice tits" followed by "lets go home - i want to fuck you" :rolleyes: I wasn't impressed and ended up walking away very quickly. I wasn't even wearing anything revealing.

Just fucks me off tbh. Makes me feel thats the only things guy see in me :(
  • Options
    Just fucks me off tbh. Makes me feel thats the only things guy see in me :(

I'm sure they don't. I bet you're a witty, urbane and intelligent person to be around and i bet the party goes when you get there.

BTW Nice tits :D
  • Options
    Wow I didn't know there were so many of us blokes that are that rude and shallow. We're not all like that, just ignore those pissed up scumbags :D
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote:
    Wow I didn't know there were so many of us blokes that are that rude and shallow. We're not all like that, just ignore those pissed up scumbags :D

I actually had a group of drunken lads lean through my car window when i was at some traffic lights and squeeze my tits :yeees:

Wouldn't have minded if any of them were fit but they weren't :(
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I've had blokes come up and just shove their face between them before. Saying you have big tits is usually the tamest thing.

Men eh.

LOL. Excuse my laughter, but I think that's hilarious. :lol:

I mean, imagine you are smalltalking with a girl in a pub and your friends are all dressed already and push you to leave with them. If you get dressed then walk back to her and say, "Almost forgot to mention that you got great tits." might be flattering.

but going to a set of boobs and bury your face in them and maybe make this blowing noise how you make it on baby tummies is a thought that will keep me entertained all evening now :P
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I actually had a group of drunken lads lean through my car window when i was at some traffic lights and squeeze my tits :yeees:

Wouldn't have minded if any of them were fit but they weren't :(

Lol! What the fuck? I just can't see how someone would actually just do that without feeling like a sleazy prick.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:

Men eh.

Where do you encounter these reprobates?