Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Muscle Cramps Question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've posted in the past about suffering from these and i know recently i think they were discussed again but this one is slightly different for me anyway.

Last couple of days i've suddenly started getting them again but more so in a place i haven't before. . Was sat on a floor on Saturday night and out of the blue my right calf just bolted and cramped and it fucking hurt like f*ck !

Last night as i stood up to go meet my dad my left thigh cramped, now this is the question, its not a area that has ever troubled me before but it has since last night. I actually could not walk for at LEAST 5 minutes luckily i keep deep heat extremely close for this reason. My question, my problem is that i don't know what caused this but it's a bit of an issue now.

I hate getting cramps. I fear getting cramps ! But this i cannot figure out. I say this because with my calf muscle cramps.. if i put my legs into a certain position i can cause a cramp to occur and this has now become the way with my thigh's. I'm having to keep my legs out straight which in itself is now causing me discomfort because that's not how i usually sit.

I'm not asking for a cure, there isn't one but advice basically. It's bothering me that they've come back and so far my only reasoning is the cold weather causing it. But hell my thigh man it hurt so badly and it wasn't just one of those quick ones the pain, the pulling of the cramp actually got worse and worse before the deep heat eventually kicked in and it eased off but i had to limp across the street to meet that person.

I wish doctors would hurry up and find a cure or at least a proper cause !

Comments

• Options
    I had this when I was younger and as severe, I went for tests but the DR couldn't find anything. I done my own research and found out it was dehydration, im surprised the Dr didn't suggest this before.

Just drink plenty of water about 3ltrs a day. I also additionally supplemented with potassium and taurine.

Give it a shot, I bet it cures it.
  • Options
    This happened to my bf, so his parents paid for him to go privatle, they paid £100 to be told that he didnt have enough salt in his diet and that if he got cramp to drink salt water.
  • Options
    I get cramps a lot, usually after i've been drinking alcohol because it dehydrates me. Are you drinking enough water?
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    I get cramps a lot, usually after i've been drinking alcohol because it dehydrates me. Are you drinking enough water?
    :yes: Was going to say something similar, dehydration can cause cramps. Drink lots of water!