Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

my teeth and gums

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my teeth have become really sensitive recently and the gum above the teeth at the top right side of my mouth hurts. not quite sure why. i've never had sensitive teeth before. i don't have a dentist atm either unless i pay to see one privately. so does anyone know what would help?
also is sensodyne toothpaste any good as its the only thing i can think of off the top of my head that has anything to do with sensitive teeth?!

Comments

• Options
    Yes, Sensodyne is good. Regular brushing, decent mouthwash and flossing all make for a happy mouth :)
  • Options
    Ring NHS Direct, they should be able to give you a phone number for your area that you can ring to find out about local NHS Dentists (emphais on how this *should* work).

In the meantime brush teeth AND gums well with a toothpaste with fluoride in, twice a day for 3 mins (you'll need to clock watch other wise you'll do 45s). Floss well and use mouthwash (with fluoride).
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    my teeth have become really sensitive recently and the gum above the teeth at the top right side of my mouth hurts. not quite sure why. i've never had sensitive teeth before. i don't have a dentist atm either unless i pay to see one privately. so does anyone know what would help?
    also is sensodyne toothpaste any good as its the only thing i can think of off the top of my head that has anything to do with sensitive teeth?!
    The dentist told my mum to rub sensodyne on her teeth and gums and leave it on overnight. She done this for about a week and half and has never had a problem since.