Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

period on pill?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am on the pill (cileste). I hav just changed though from microgyncon (sp?) 30. I am on the 15th ish pill, so few more until my next break, and i didnt skip my last period. I havent missed a pill lately. But today i started bleeding, it only started a couple of hours ago but it seems lighter, and almost not a period? I normally take my pill at 7.30 but today i didnt get up till 11 so took it then. Maybe this is why?

Or it may be something to do with this weekend i was staying at my boyfriends house which doesnt happen very ofton and therefore had sex quite a bit (we did use condoms). It did hurt at first (im not a virgin - just that he is big and im tight) but didnt bleed at the time. I am seeing him again cos he is staying down here on thursday and really dont wanna be on.

I dont get why its happened has anyone got any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Sometimes when you start a new pill you can get spotting. What does the leaflet say about spotting?
  • Options
    oh ok ill have a little read then..
  • Options
    a leaflet i have says that it is possible to bleed a little, so thats good. But there was nothing useful on the actual pill leaflet.

thanks
  • Options
    Yeah i am pretty sure its a common side effect whilst your body gets used to it. But if concerned speak to your doc :)