Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

itchy - help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when i got in from work at 9, i had a really itchy back, when i scratched it, it felt weird. now im itching all over my arms, face and back and it is doing my head in! dont no what has caused it as i havent touched anything im allergic to. Any ideas how to stop the itching?? i dont have any camomile lotion or any creams of any sort in the house!

Any ideas would be very welcome as it is bugging me to hell!!
Thanks
xx Emz xx

Comments

• Options
    A cool bath or shower. Take an antihistamine too.
  • Options
    Try an antihisthamine, got any hayfever medicine? If you've touched or eatn something that's given you the itchys an antihisthammine might help.
  • Options
    tried antihystemines not working, cant have a shower atm, as every1 is asleep and it is noisy so gonna have 2 wait till morn. Thanks any way

xx Emz xx
  • Options
    aftersun lotion
  • Options
    Piriton
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Sort of the same started happening to me not so long ago, and after i had itched a particular place for a couple of days it became a bit red and didn't look very nice. So i thought it may be a type of eczema so i started using Diprobase to keep it well moisturised, i used this for several weeks and it didn't really do much. I was then suggested Betnovate, its a steroid based creme that thins the skin, i would say it was noticeably better over night after applying this stuff and it also cured the itching.

Not sure if that would be much help to you or not but it worked wonders for me.

Caution: As it thins the skin go easy on how much you apply and try not to use it to regular.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    icey wrote:
    aftersun lotion

:yes:

Or just some sort of moisturizer to help cool the itching.

But it's a bit late now :p