Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What offends you?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was reading the thread on offensive tattoos, and I was thinking, "what sort of twat would get offended by things like this?" So what has offended you in the past? Swearing? Racism? Homophobia? Sex on TV? And why?

**Waits for Kermit to mention Stagecoach**

Comments

• Options
    The silly stupid cliques that exist on here and think of nothing of ganging up on certain members and slagging anyone off that they think is 'uncool' or 'undeserving'
  • Options
    The silly stupid cliques that exist on here and think of nothing of ganging up on certain members and slagging anyone off that they think is 'uncool' or 'undeserving'

Ditto. In general I do hate cliques.
  • Options
    Offensive stuff :p
  • Options
    Blokes that make sexual 'jokes' and think it's appropriate. You'd think they have never spoken to a female before.
  • Options
    hahahahaha... have you heard the one with the five pirates and one woman on the island???
    Rachael wrote:
    Blokes that make sexual 'jokes' and think it's appropriate. You'd think they have never spoken to a female before.

oh....

*leaves thread*
  • Options
    People who look down on people that use illegal drugs, and then they go and get paraletic from drinking vodka every friday night. Twats.
  • Options
    Duh not like that :P
  • Options
    People who pick fights, it gets very anoying where I live. :(
  • Options
    But do these things actually offend or hurt you, or do you just think they're twats?
  • Options
    Nothing.

Like I said in the other thread, people that get offended annoy the shit out of me.

EDIT:
    But do these things actually offend or hurt you, or do you just think they're twats?

Aye, it seems people are just listing stuff that annoys them :/
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Very little - if anything.
  • Options

True my point was just something that annoys me instead of actually offending me. But I just had to say it, been pissing me off all day.
  • Options
    Smug people get on my tits, so do some articles in The Sun, not because they offend me so much as they insult the intelligence of anybody with a reading age over twelve.

I'm very liberal minded when it comes to society, I have strong beliefs and one of those beliefs is that everybody is entitled to an opinion.

It is how this opinion is brought across really.

I also hate it that some men appear think that it is Ok to pinch a girl's bum, that it's just a "bit of fun with the lads", in fact anything that insinuates my friends or I are somehow objectified or male property. I've swung punches at people for trying to touch me up in public before.
  • Options
    Adverts for "feminine odour" products and the like. If we need 'em we're gonna buy 'em, advertised or not. Unlikely that any woman is going to be sitting watching Coronation Street, see an advert for fanny wipes and suddenly feel the urge to rush out and get some to fill a hole in her consumer existence :rolleyes:

I find men (and, to a lesser extent, women) in t-shirts that say "NO MINGERS ALLOWED" or something equally witty very offensive. Though the fact that they are usually the biggest "minger" in the place does take the edge off a little :p
  • Options
    I also hate it that some men appear think that it is Ok to pinch a girl's bum, that it's just a "bit of fun with the lads", in fact anything that insinuates my friends or I are somehow objectified or male property. I've swung punches at people for trying to touch me up in public before.

I don't think it has anything to do with objectifying you or you being "male property".

But what's also irritating is girls that think they can do the same and get away with it because they think guys won't mind (and will be receptive to it), purely because of the kind of guys you mentioned.

Not offensive, just annoying.

Oh, then there's the fucking annoying 40+ women on hen nights dressed like little tarts in fairy wings and glittery cowboy hats that try to fucking grab you and start kissing you and scream things like "BUT IT'S HER LAST NIGHT BEING SINGLE!". What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Do you think I'm gonna wake up in the middle of the night all "OH GOD SHE'S NOT SINGLE ANYMORE I'VE MISSED MY CHANCE"!?
    briggi wrote:
    Adverts for "feminine odour" products and the like. If we need 'em we're gonna buy 'em, advertised or not. Unlikely that any woman is going to be sitting watching Coronation Street, see an advert for fanny wipes and suddenly feel the urge to rush out and get some to fill a hole in her consumer existence :rolleyes:

Well I can kind of see the logic in that, in that the next time you're buying them you may remember that specfic brand name and the UNIQUE BENEFITS! of it. Although car adverts are something I've never understood. Who impulse buys a car? The people that have enough money to impulse buy a car aren't exactly gonna go out and buy a Ford Mondeo because they just seen an advert for it. Surely when buying a car you go to the showroom, have a look around, maybe find out the safest/most economical car in your price range. Surely car adverts have no effect on purchasing.
  • Options
    Very little, if anything at all. I'm actually quite hard to genuinely offend.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    I don't think it has anything to do with objectifying you or you being "male property".
    I meant that and other things.

If somebody respected you more as an object, or your own property they wouldn't go trying to grope you would they. You don't go in to a stranger's house and mess with their stuff because it is intrusion of their own property.
    But what's also irritating is girls that think they can do the same and get away with it because they think guys won't mind (and will be receptive to it), purely because of the kind of guys you mentioned.

Not offensive, just annoying.
    I agree, it's not Ok for either and yes, those guys do make it shit for men who don't want thir bums pinched... Just like some women seem to give the impression that all women are out for a lay.
  • Options
    **Waits for Kermit to mention Stagecoach**

Well, since you mention it, the CEO of Stagecoach is a homophobic little cuntstain who would benefit immensely from being bludgeoned to death with a pink triangle. But I digress.

Not many actions actually offend me, but quite a few people are offensive. Graham Norton is one of them.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:

My S.O made several sexist jokes to his (male) friends in front of me and couldn't figure out why i was upset with him.
  • Options
    sexism ina work environment., its hard for women at work as it is so if a man says anything sexist near me he will be getting a telling off!!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    will be getting a telling off!!

Or a smack round the chops with the new bag you're gonna buy with the £100 you found in the garden :)
  • Options
    Misuse of apostrophes.
  • Options
    Kiezo wrote:
    Well I can kind of see the logic in that, in that the next time you're buying them you may remember that specfic brand name and the UNIQUE BENEFITS! of it.

Ha, well I see what you mean though I don't know how much difference it can make... but then I suppose the feminine hygiene market is as competitive as all others :razz:
  • Options
    sexism offends me

lots of things annoy me, but don't really offend me. Like little boys that mutter 'ginger' so i can hear them, but won't say anything else or say anything to my face? Wtf? Get over it.
  • Options
    Misuse of apostrophes.

and people who can't spell simple words.

Another thing that offends me is the amount of weirdos (usualy at least 3 years younger than me:rolleyes: ) who I don't know who will either ask me out or ask me for sex.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that offends me as such. I can think of plenty that annoy the hell out of me though.
  • Options
    depends on how im feeling that day.
    Some days every bloody little thing offends me, and then others im just Ms. Easygoing :yes:
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Well, since you mention it, the CEO of Stagecoach is a homophobic little cuntstain who would benefit immensely from being bludgeoned to death with a pink triangle. But I digress.

Not many actions actually offend me, but quite a few people are offensive. Graham Norton is one of them.
    What have stagecoach done?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Not much offends me to be honest.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    disrespect, cockiness and arrogance, people who regard themselves as superior over others.

And most prejudice.