Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

allergy remedies

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I have been diagnosed with an allergy to something....helpful im sure you will agree :p

I think its my washing powder, or should i say, thought, i changed to non bio, but i have a new cluster of lumps on my shoulder.

They look different to before, but id say it is still a reaction.

anyways, ill get to the point in hand :blush: i have taken my anti - histamine (sp?) for the day (they are one a day, just in case you didnt gather) and now im itching like crazy, anyone know of anything that can help?

I have benadryl cream, but that is doing nothing :(

Comments

• Options
    oh no, this is only a few itchy lumps, nothing serious like that. but thank you saz
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have an allergy to mango. I ate some the other day (why oh why :banghead: ) and now my top lip is all swollen and skin on my face is itchy. Last time I had it I went to a homeopath after everything the doctor gave me made not a jot of difference and the homeopath suggested a treatment called Apis mel
    http://www.seeknatural.co.uk/product-406.html
    It cleared it up within 2 days. Im taking it again at the moment.
    Take two pillules every half an hour to an hour (or whenever you remember)
    Might be worth a try. You can get it in boots.
  • Options
    I ate some the other day (why oh why :banghead: ) and now my top lip is all swollen and skin on my face is itchy.
    oooh you sexy mamma! :flirt:

i think ill try that, cheers babes
  • Options
    Priton should stop the itching?
  • Options
    Piriton should help. Ice pack should also calm the itching. Apis Mel gets :thumb: from me too.
  • Options
    thanks everyone, i shall get myself to boots (if i ever get a spare 10 mins while it is open)
  • Options
    Doesn't have to be the brand stuff though, Boots own is just as good. Find the chemical name on the brand stuff and then find the Boots equivalent and get that.