Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Games consoles.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ants wrote:
    If it's multiplayer and something that's a bit different your after, I can highly recommend a Wii. We've been playing golf and bowling all day, I've barely touched the other games that came with it, let alone the games I bought with it. Plus you can both share one controller to play them, so you don't have to go and fork out £45 quid more straight away for another controller.

It's well worth the extra effort to hunt one down.

But how much are they?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    But how much are they?
    Hint: Google...
  • Options
    I'd say PS2 or Gamecube for multiplayer games. Xbox has already been replaced and Gamecube is just about to be, but they're still advertising new PS2 games. You'll easily get an extra year out of the PS2, and it'll have a huge back-catalogue of games he's heard of, like Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Tony Hawks and Pro Evolution Soccer. Chances are he'll know a few people with one already so he can swap games too. And if you're after something a bit different, then you've got Buzz, Singstar, those dancing games and Eyetoy.

Gamecube has a lot of different games, but if he remembers stuff like Mario from when he was younger, then it might be good to get him the updated versions (they're really good games as well). I've got one, and stuff like Super Monkey Ball and Soul Calibur 2 were brilliant when we had a load of friends round (plus wireless controllers if you want them).

I'd say if he doesn't play very often, you want something that's accesible, (Gamecube - and contrary to what people on this thread have said, they're not all button bashing games, that's bullshit - they're just easy to get into in the first place), or familiar, which is the PS2. Chances are he could walk into a shop and would recognise far more PS2 titles than anything else.

But if you can afford a Wii and you can get your hands on one, then fuck everything I've said and get one of them instead.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    Get a dreamcast along with shenmue, chu chu rocket, sonic and dead or alive 2. maybe even house of the dead and a light gun.

This console is pretty old now so you could probably get all of these mentioned for about 50 quid! :thumb:

I have been watching Street Fighter 3rd Strike tournament games for the last week on youtube.com.

I approve, and get SF 3rd strike along with it :p Tried to find a DC emulator, but hardly find roms for it.

Of course it's a bit outdated, but shouldn't be too expensive, because that might be a vital factor.

If money is not the problem I definitely go for the Wii, which is the BEST option for casual gamers, multiplayers and just people who want to enjoy themselves for quite some time, as opposed to the PS2-3 games where you turn on the console and won't leave the controller for 3 days straight.

If you pick up the Wii, be sure to get Mario Smash brothers, you'll love it.
  • Options
    Well.. Wii would be the best if you can get one, its loads of fun and im sure you could both enjoy it. Its £180 new at the moment.