Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Nye Lbd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i want to look shit hot this new years eve and really would like to find a perfect little black dress...

any ideas?
( bear in mind im very hourglassey with big boobs& hips and small waist)

thanks to anyone who can help!

Comments

• Options
    asda had some nice reasonably priced ones actually...........
  • Options
    ok i want to look shit hot this new years eve and really would like to find a perfect little black dress...

any ideas?
    ( bear in mind im very hourglassey with big boobs& hips and small waist)

thanks to anyone who can help!

Jesus christ, would you please post a picture of you anytime soon?
  • Options
    Can you be more specific about length, style, sleeveless/sleeved, material, what you're going to wear it with eg. shoes, accessories etc? There are 50 million little black dresses out there [and I think I've tried on most of them], so give me a little clue and I'll try and help :)
  • Options
    well my dear briggi,

my IDEAL LBD would be quite short ( not slut short but above the knee) and preferably strapless, or at least sleeveless. also something quite structured ie not too baggy or clingy, so it flatters my figure. not too fussed about the material really as long as its pretty.

when i wear an outfit like that i dont go all out on accessories, i keep them simple if at all, and id just be wearing with a pair of sexy heels

thanks
  • Options
    This and this are nice.
  • Options
    hmm thanks i prefer the second one really as the first really wouldnt flatter me
  • Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first one!!
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    from one big boobed lady to another, the second one will do NOTHING for you. You will find it a nightmare to find a bra that gives you a good clevage but cant see the bra (if that makes sense)

I like the first one too tbh. id pop along to New Look and Dorothy Perkins to have a nosey, not that anything jumps out at me on the Dotty P's site.

Also:

http://www.asos.com/Retro-Chiffon-Babydoll-Bandeau-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=130162&cid=2631

http://www.asos.com/Victoria-Beckham/Victoria-Belted-Prom-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=109993&cid=2631

also for a bit of glamour (that is in the sale)

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_17719_234534_-1

with your shape you want something drawing the eye to your waist, but covering up your hips, so you want a 'poofy' dress if you know what i mean...lol!
  • Options
    That viscose Topshop dress is fucking vile, I wouldn't wish that cut and fabric on my worst enemy (well, maybe my worst enemy...) In fact, I didn't see stand-out dress on the TS website in all my browsing. Ditto Warehouse, Miss S and even old reliable Urban Outfitters.

I did see a couple of dresses I thought seemed appropriate on lxdirect.com, though it's not letting me link them for some reason. They have a HUGE range of dresses anyway so it's definitely worth looking. There is also Net-a-Porter (my own personal downfall) and Gorgeous Couture if your budget is a bit bigger -- and after all the LBD is a long-term investment, right? (Justify, justify ;))

However, from what I've seen online at the websites of the usual suspects I think you'd be a lot better off getting into the scrum of the high street. Especially when you're looking for something as specific as a little black dress, you really need to give yourself the opportunity to try on, try on, try on until you think you might be going insane. I'd recommend department stores, they often have the higher-end dresses on sale around this time of year. I have also seen a plethora of black dresses in H&M (who have a million-and-one dresses at the moment since there's such a big trend for them) and another place that does classy, sexy stuff that you won't see every other person in - is Zara. They go in for black dresses in a big, big way at this time of year and have a lot of shift dresses (boat neck, cap sleeves, backless, you name it) which would be fabulous on your figure if you like them, as they cinch in at the waist and go A-line over the hips. Have you thought about a really plain, super-short black shift dress with BRIGHT opaques and patent black platforms. I'm not big on accessorising with jewellery either, mainly since I'm lazy but also since I find all the bits and bobs a major pain in the arse, so bright tights are the lazy arse's way out of that. Topshop stores are a lot better than their website, too, especially if you're anywhere near a flagship-size store that will have their Orion and other concessions that are dress heaven.

I must end by scolding you, the result of my online dress hunt for you has ended up with me spending an obscene amount of money [on goooorgeous things] on net-a-porter :impissed: :lol:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    In fact, I didn't see stand-out dress on the TS website in all my browsing. Ditto Warehouse, Miss S and even old reliable Urban Outfitters.

That's because Topshop don't make stand-out dresses. All their shit is completely generic, mass produced crap with no imagination.

But aye, 'mon the Urban O etc.
  • Options
    H&M have fab dresses in at the moment, especially in their 'As seen in Galmour' section. And if I remember correctly they're about £25. You just can't go wrong.