Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Facial Cyst?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

for the past few weeks I've had a lump that i originally thought was a spot growing on my left cheek, however it's never come to a head and is a little more harder than a normal spot would be. Had a routine check up at the doctor today who said it was probably a cyst. I've googled it but there doesn't seem to be much information on natural or home remedy ways that I can try to help it reduce in size.

does anybody here have any ideas ?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Cysts on the skin are caused by a blocked hair follicle that leads a build up of keratin (the stuff that forms the surface of your skin, and hair - smells like cheese too!) under the surface. Some cysts have a punctant - that's a hole to the surface which will allow the keratin to pass out, others may not have and squeezing may make the area sore. Er, natural remedies, I don't know but keratin is quite tough and your body won't be able to clear it.

We get a shit load removed at GP surgeries every day so I'm sure your GP will lance it off for you.