Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Here's Something to consider

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The last few days I've felt fine from the neck down, but from the neck up I've been achey, had headaches which I rarely get and which wouldn't go away with headache tablets, and my eyes have been clammy and eyelids puffy like I've been bitten by an insect. I've also been coughing and sneezing but no sign of the flu or a cold.

Been like this for a fews days and all I could do was go to bed and sleep, but after waking I still felt bad.

Well I think I've figured out what's been causing all of this ...

I tried to trace back what I've done differently over the last few days and it suddenly hit me ....

I added something to my bedroom which I never, ever usually have in there ... I bought one of those Gel Air Fresheners and little by little it releases fragrance into the air, but it's a man made product (God only knows what chemicals go into making it) .. and my room is small and the door usually closed and with all the rain and cold weather the last few days the windows have been closed most of the time as well.

I've removed the Air Freshener, opened the Windows to get rid of the chemicals and instantly I can feel my eyes are starting to open.

It's late now but tomorrow I plan to really let the room have a good airing and hoover the carpet to help get rid of any chemicals that have settled on the carpet but for now just removing the gel pack from my bedroom seems to have made a world of difference in just a few minutes.

So if any of you are taken suddenly ill - well consider what recent changes you've made as well.

Comments

• Options
    Try some Nag Champa or an oil burner instead.
  • Options
    I have an air freshener that goes off every 9, 18, 36 mins. lol

Funny enougth my dad felt ill when he had one in his room.