Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Serving a CCJ on someone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is a work based question but its more relevent here.

I need to do a CCJ at work for an individual that owes us over £1000. Just anyone know of any legal websites I can look at to get a overview of the process, how to fill the forms in etc so we do it correctly?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Go and look at the Court Service website, and then at the Money Claim Online website which walks you through the process step by step. You can save each step and keep coming back to it until you're satisfied as well. Serving a claim really isn't difficult - I did it in 1 lunchtime on our wedding photographer.

Thank you I'll have a look tomorrow at work. Really appreciate it.
  • Options
    Go and look at the Court Service website, and then at the Money Claim Online website which walks you through the process step by step. You can save each step and keep coming back to it until you're satisfied as well. Serving a claim really isn't difficult - I did it in 1 lunchtime on our wedding photographer.
    why?
  • Options
  • Options
    And on the plus side again, a very nice woman in our corporate litigation department has helped us obtain a charge against her property, so our CCJ is now secure against her house :D
  • Options
    I was wondering how yours went. Good by the sounds of it. So is the photographer paying back your money weekly or something then? I've had the forms filled in over 4k some twat owes me in my living room for months now... haven't worked up the courage to take them into court yet though, but I really should I guess.