Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Holiday cancelations - refund?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had a holiday booked with my girlfriends family for a couple of months now and we've paid a deposit between us of about £400, the total cost of the holiday is about £1400.
Things were looking good...then my gf's little prick of a brother decided he doesnt want to go anymore and that he would rather have the money.
Long story short, no one to take his place, her mum doesnt want to be the 3rd wheel and so we want to cancel (and I want to beat the fucking shit out of that little cunt).
If we cancel the holiday will we loose the entire deposit? what about if we change the number of people and possibly the destination but use the same company?

£400 is a lot to loose and we dont particulally want to..

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    More often than not you would lose the whole deposit. It would depend on the company though.
  • Options
    Thats what i thought..bollocks! Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    +Kirsten++Kirsten+ Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    It sounds like it was the three of you planning to go? You should be able to ring the company and ask what their policy is on cancelling or changing the holiday, and whether they can refund part of the deposit given enough notice - without making an immediate decision. You might find, unfortunately, it's cheaper for the two of you to go than to make a big change or cancel the holiday.

Too bad - but if you do go, enjoy the holiday!
  • Options
    Surely you can change the arrangements from 3 to 2 of you? If any moneys lost it should be your gf's brothers, not yours.
  • Options
    Surely you can change the arrangements from 3 to 2 of you? If any moneys lost it should be your gf's brothers, not yours.

I think it was 4, then one backed out, then another one didn't want to go in a three so it was just two....

...sounds a bit rubbish. Go to Ireland :thumb:
  • Options
    I think you can get your deposit back if the holiday is a while away but the sooner it is the less you can get back, if it is like a couple of months away you could get half, but ring up and find out.
  • Options
    I think it was 4, then one backed out, then another one didn't want to go in a three so it was just two.
    Spot on mate! I agree that the money lost should be her brothers seeing as its his fault there is a problem in the 1st place, he never actually paid any money though and his share was paid by his mum who he was supposed to pay back.
    Now he's being a cunt though and is saying why should he pay anything when he's not going on holiday. :mad:
    If he so much as puts a single word out of place with me at the moment im gonna level him!