Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Going to have to have my hair cut this week, only had it a month ago. Lots of split ends, which is why I had it cut last time, and so I think it might've reached it's growth limit.

Also, I used to dye my hair, and the ends probably have some residue left from that, would that be contributing to the dry and split ends?

I *always* wash with conditioner (every 2-3 days) but the bottom half of it just isn't as nice as the top.

Any ideas on how to look after it in the future? I'd rather not have it cut short, yes I suit short better than long but I like my pony tail. :(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you blow dry your hair, always blow dry with the nozzle point down. This will ensure your ends dry flat, instead of frizzy/knotty.
    Also, always always use a heat protector spray or something similar, because they work.

And if you straighten your hair, buy the best ones you can afford - generally the better they are, the safer they are for your hair - they keep the moisture in your hair rather than frazzle it out.