Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

another tattoo qu. (sorry guys...)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, the scabs just starting to come off my tattoo, and I'm letting it come off naturally, not pulling it off, etc.

I've got home today and one part of it has come off during the day, and instead of black, it looks rather grey and faded, especially compared to the black where other bits of the scab have come off. My mum claims it could just be that the scabs been knocked off too early at work and it's still healing but I'm not so sure - whats the likelyhood I'm going to have to have it retouched? Or is there the off chance my mum could be right.

Comments

• Options
    it will look slightly more silvery at first. If you do find it needs a re-touch, im sure your tattoist will go over it again.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not bothered about having it redone, cost or no cost (as people keep going on at me "If it goes wrong he should do it again for free - I don't see WHY he SHOULD, if he's that way inclined I shalnt argue!)

Just the difference is rather dramatic... I'll keep up with the aftercare, see if it darkens a bit :)

ETA: The bit I've circled is the bit that's gone funny... ignore the scabbyness and the colour changing throughout the rest of it, I'm aware it's not looking it's best haha :)
  • Options
    Yeah it's silvery because when the scab comes off that's the skin growing over.

It's a lengthy process for your tattoo to look decent. You have injected ink into your skin after all. :razz:

Give it about 3 months at most and it'll look amaze.

Just keep with what you're doing the now.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Yeah it's silvery because when the scab comes off that's the skin growing over.

Ahh an even better explanation, cheers :) I wont stop moisturizing it, because I've noticed how lovely the skin around it is starting to look, so I'm doing my whole legs with it now, have fallen in love with the cream :heart:
  • Options
    i got a tattoo on my wrist aboouut.. 5 weeks ago and i have to admit that i picked at it :blush: at first the colour looked a bit faded and silvery, and i thought id damaged it, but now 5 weeks later it looks fine :) just wait and it will go back to black!