Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lip Piercing

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why don't you try a clip on one first? Just for a day or two..Y'know..Just to get an idea of how it'd look and all that..
  • Options
    Why don't you try a clip on one first? Just for a day or two..Y'know..Just to get an idea of how it'd look and all that..

I was trying to find the old girl a link to a site that does them, could find any- you got some?
  • Options
    Erm, no, not on hand :p

Don't shops like Claire's Accessories etc do them?
  • Options
    That's a bit silly. Plenty of people don't find piercings hurt them at all.
    I sincerely doubt that. Unless they're super human and don't have any nerve endings in their skin then of course it hurts. A lot of people (generally men!) won't admit it though.
  • Options
    I sincerely doubt that.
    Oh really? Well none of piercings have hurt, actually. Of course I have nerve endings - but that just means I feel something. It doesn't automatically mean I hurt.
  • Options
    If you don't like needles then why on earth are you considering having your lip pierced by one? :confused:
    Because thats the only way of having it pierced?

Also, my fear of needles is more about injections/blood tests tbh. It would really scare me having my lip pierced but if I was happy with the result then it would be worth it.

Anyways, I don't think I'm gonna get it done now seeing as most people have said it will not suit me. Can't be arsed with everyone going "OMG. You look AWFUL!"'

Thanks for all the useful replies anyways :)
  • Options
    Because thats the only way of having it pierced?

Also, my fear of needles is more about injections/blood tests tbh. It would really scare me having my lip pierced but if I was happy with the result then it would be worth it.

Anyways, I don't think I'm gonna get it done now seeing as most people have said it will not suit me. Can't be arsed with everyone going "OMG. You look AWFUL!"'

Thanks for all the useful replies anyways :)

Oh I read it wrong I thought you said you were going to get it done :( I still think you should ;) Who cares if people don't think it won't look good... they havn't seen you with one, they don't know. Its just them being judgemental like always.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I think you should get it done. If it doesn't suit you then you can take it out and scarring will be minimal. Do what you wanna do, rather than what other people think you should do.

One of my friends got her lip pierced and none of us thought she would suit it when she told us. However, she did suit it - it looked cool. You sometimes never know until you get it done.

As for all your questions, I have no idea as I haven't had it done :p
  • Options
    I think you should get it done. If it doesn't suit you then you can take it out and scarring will be minimal.

:yes: I had one once for a few months, it came out during the night and closed up partially then got all infected and painful and all that junk but even after all that you could never tell that it was ever there.
  • Options
    Sod everyone else, if you want it done, get it done :)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    When I had my tongue done, it didnt hurt at all. Apparently the anaestethic (sp?) doesnt help at all, it makes it worse.

Now to be honest, I dont think you would suit it, but that is my own personal opinion. If its just to do something different, I would recommend your tongue, or something.

However, it is not my decision, its completely up to you, and as many people have said, you can take it out if you dont like it.

Have a good think about it, and then speak to your friends, who you know are honest with you.

Good luck if you do have it done though.