Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Sausage & Mash

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Have just been to a yummy sausage and mash cafe linky - I had mushroom and tarragon (Sp?) sausages with parsnip and potato mash :yum: Oh and gravy of course. No pork for me!

What would you have?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There's a fantastic sausage restaurant in Bristol called the Clifton Sausage [cue humourous puns]. They make all the sausages themselves and they are totally yummy.
  • Options
    Cumberland sausage, parsnip and potato mash, with lashings of creamy mushroom gravy :yum:
  • Options
    Ohh I've been there - I can't remember what I had though - but I do keep on trying to persuade people to take me there!
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Have just been to a yummy sausage a mash cafe linky - I had mushroom and tarragon (Sp?) sausages with parsnip and potato mash :yum: Oh and gravy of course. No pork for me!

What would you have?

That sounds delish, I must pay it a visit when I get the chance!

The only sausages I can make myself are cheese and leek, so that's what I usually have. With potato, cauliflower and mustard mash :yum:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds lovely!

Toad in the Hole is best though :D
  • Options
    Old cheddar and spinach sausage, bubble & squeak mash, roasted root veggies.
  • Options
    There's a fantastic sausage restaurant in Bristol called the Clifton Sausage [cue humourous puns]. They make all the sausages themselves and they are totally yummy.

I used to live right round the corner from there. Its yummy :yum:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Helen, you had what I had the last time I went!
  • Options
    You're a veggie sausage leader then LJ :) The winter vegetable crumble, from the Christmas menu sounds nice. So does the hot fudge yule log :yum:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Venison Sausage with an English Mustard or Horseradish Mash, and loads of onion gravy :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Since Kwik Save closed I haven't found a frozen bangers and mash that is just as amazing!
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    Have just been to a yummy sausage and mash cafe linky - I had mushroom and tarragon (Sp?) sausages with parsnip and potato mash :yum: Oh and gravy of course. No pork for me!

What would you have?

theres none near me :grump: , heh hmm *looks at menu* , i think id have the somerset sausage because its got cider in it :yum: , and the traditional gravy
  • Options
    All this talk of sausages is getting me hungry and in the mood for sausage and mash. Which I shall now make. Yum.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    LadyJade wrote:
    Helen, you had what I had the last time I went!

Good taste! Well it was my first time there, but it definitely won't be the last :)
  • Options
    Has anyone tried beef sausages? My local farm shop has started doing them and I wondered what they taste like - I bet they are just like eating burgers?????
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    The only sausages I can make myself are cheese and leek, so that's what I usually have. With potato, cauliflower and mustard mash :yum:

When you say 'make' do you mean make from scratch, or 'make' as in putting some under the grill for 20 mins??

Curious because I saw an advert for a sausage making machine and fancied having a go.
  • Options
    theres a little sausage shop/deli in colchester that makes all these different sorts of sausage which are all free range and all delicious.
    I :heart: their beef and guiness sausages and their lamb and mint ones. Their regular breakfast sausages are damn good too. they all work out cheaper and better than any of the supermarket finest ranges ive tried ( I wouldnt eat cheap sausages :yuck: )
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I only eat sausages from the local farm shop. They are so filling and tasty. But I really want to make my own - any ideas?????
  • Options
  • Options
    Excellent, thank-you :wave:
  • Options
    winter bum wrote:
    When you say 'make' do you mean make from scratch, or 'make' as in putting some under the grill for 20 mins??

Curious because I saw an advert for a sausage making machine and fancied having a go.

HA! I meant make from scratch. In the other sense of the word I can "make" any sausages you fancy! :razz:

I will post my recipe later when I can be arsed to type it up ;)
  • Options
    I love sausages! I had some really tasty lamb and mint ones in wetherspoons the other day, and the butcher where i grew up still makes the most amazing pork and sage ones!! I've even had some tasty ones with apple in before :yum: The only sausages i've found i didn't like were some supermarket finest toulouse sausages :yuck: