Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Whats the cheapest wii you can find?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've found one for £169 from hmv with a promotional code..can anyone do any better?

Comments

• Options
    Hmm that's not bad. I buy all my stuff from sendit.com

http://sendit.com/game/item/6000000003562

£179.89 - but with 180 ipoints too (which is equal to £9 in gift vouchers) so it's only £170. Of course, you need to accumulate enough ipoints to get the gift voucher.... HMV may be better. Find if they have any partners online, rpoints, ipoints, etc. etc. - you get points for every spend and you can cash them in for gifts or gift vouchers. :thumb: (its approx 5p per point).

that seems a pretty good deal, tbh with demand this high it's not going to deviate massively. I expect on ebay in january sales prices could well be higher, as demand exceeds supply considerably.

I think we're getting one between us for christmas, me and my brothers. Hopefully another controller or two :). And zelda, and that sword game too.
  • Options
    heh, thats exactly the same thing im getting, me and my dad getting console for xmas along with zelda & red steel. Then i'll probably buy wario warez myself :D
  • Options
    How do you say this by the way?

Is it wee or why?
  • Options
    wee
  • Options
    vbulletin3_logo_white.gif

Hehehe :). I wonder how the Playstation 3 will do, everyone seems to hate it.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    wee
  • Options
    I'm after a Wii. Loving the whole idea of it.

I quite fancy buying one after seeing all the promotional videos that i have so far and i like what i have seen too ! I like the concept of it and just the other day saw a promo vid in gamestation for Red Steel and it looked fantastic !

for £180 who can complain ? I love the idea of using it's wireless controller, it should bring a whole new level of entertainment in itself to gaming.

Was going to get a 360 but with all the current problems around with it that I've heard of and not wanting to hurl myself into getting a ps2 for the first year to let it settle in the Wii is the safest and best bet for me at the moment.
  • Options
    edn1 wrote:
    I'm after a Wii. Loving the whole idea of it.

I quite fancy buying one after seeing all the promotional videos that i have so far and i like what i have seen too ! I like the concept of it and just the other day saw a promo vid in gamestation for Red Steel and it looked fantastic !

for £180 who can complain ? I love the idea of using it's wireless controller, it should bring a whole new level of entertainment in itself to gaming.

Was going to get a 360 but with all the current problems around with it that I've heard of and not wanting to hurl myself into getting a ps2 for the first year to let it settle in the Wii is the safest and best bet for me at the moment.

Bear in mind I brought my xbox with two games and a controller for £130 from the shops not long after it came out, so £180 is still relatively pricey (especially as it's £135 in America). But that's because with the xbox 360 and ps3 being so expensive, they can charge a lot and still be the cheapest.

I may invest in a 360 next year, and a wii for christmas.
  • Options
    I quite fancy a wii. They look quite good, although I'm a biased nintendo geek at heart.
  • Options
    Bear in mind I brought my xbox with two games and a controller for £130 from the shops not long after it came out, so £180 is still relatively pricey (especially as it's £135 in America). But that's because with the xbox 360 and ps3 being so expensive, they can charge a lot and still be the cheapest.

I may invest in a 360 next year, and a wii for christmas.

This is still rip-off Britain though ;)

To that end a 360, possible PS3 price and Wii in comparison, £180 is ok in my opinion.

I'm bored with the same old crap on playstation anyway so a Wii would make a rather nice change.
  • Options
    I might not get one for a while though. I've only had my gamecube for a few months, after not having one for over a year, and I'm still obbessed with it. Espically as I can play Legend of Zelda on it. :yippe:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Still a week to go...