Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Neverwinter Nights 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got it ? I've got a tech problem with my copy :(

Comments

• Options
    Yeah. Have you patched it?
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah all patched. The problem isn't isolated. Been on the NWN2 forums and it's a big problem for a lot of peeps. Game keeps hanging when unpacking modules (in this instance after finding the 5th statue and trying to return to crossroads keep). Hey ho, just have to wait for them to patch it i suppose. Shame as i'm really enjoying playing it.
  • Options
    Stupid. Obsidian made it.

They make knights of the old republic 2. It was literally -unplayable-. Buggiest pos ever. Even with the patches.

You've been duped by the corporate machine it seems. It was funny in kotor2, because it rendered one part so badly it crashed your machine, you had to walk through it backwards. That wasn't too bad unless there was a battle and you had to try and attack in all directions.

The original neverwinter nights was made by bioware, who did a great job.

The original knights of the old republic was made by bioware, who did a great job.

Honest to god, no game was ever worse than kotor2. I sold it on ebay it was so unplayable. Some poor sod bought it for £7. :( How I sleep at night I don't know...
  • Options
    I didn't know NWN & NWN2 were made by different companies. The nice people at Virgin gave me a new copy of NWN2 today as well. Shame, it's a bloody good game.
  • Options
    I had no problems with KOTOR2.

Haven't really had problems with NN2 either, but lots of folk have. I guess crapness happens sometimes.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    I had no problems with KOTOR2.

Haven't really had problems with NN2 either, but lots of folk have. I guess crapness happens sometimes.

Could you actually play the pod racing thingy then? On mine the pod started outside of the track, so it was a bit impossible.

Mind you, I bought it on the day of release, so since they might have used customers as beta testers.
  • Options
    Not sure, as I don't remember. But probably. I don't remember any such bug. Ahh yeah I do remember the race bit, it worked ok.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Could you actually play the pod racing thingy then? On mine the pod started outside of the track, so it was a bit impossible.

Mind you, I bought it on the day of release, so since they might have used customers as beta testers.

:lol: