Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do they always split?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's getting irritating now. 50% of the time I have sex, the condom splits. I do "go at it", but surely it shouldn't split like this?

I've followed tons of guys, and do it as it says... Girls put it on, etc, it still splits...:confused:

Comments

• Options
    have you tried a different make?

How does following tons of guys help?
  • Options
    I've found durex extra safe are the best ones.

Most condoms are shit though. Alot break on me. I think thats because I like rough/hard sex though :o
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    How does following tons of guys help?

I presume he meant 'guides'?

You'd be best off trying another brand, or going down the 'extra safe' line.
  • Options
    :shocking: :shocking: !!!FIRST POST!!!:shocking: :shocking:

I'm a newbie, but perhaps you're just too big for the condoms you're using:thumb:
  • Options
    Taotai wrote:
    :shocking: :shocking: !!!FIRST POST!!!:shocking: :shocking:

I'm a newbie, but perhaps you're just too big for the condoms you're using:thumb:

Valid point :) Are you using anything like vaseline, baby oil, body lotion, hand cream, aromatherapy oils during sex/foreplay or for lube ? The oils in these can rot latex and make condoms more liable to breakage.
  • Options
    Sharp nails?

I'd say your doing something wrong, because my history of 4 in 5 years is usually considered bad.
  • Options
    You're not putting them on properly. It's what it nearly always is. If you don't pinch the air out of the end then they will split.

I've never had one break.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    If you don't pinch the air out of the end then they will split.

:yes:
  • Options
    have you thought of mayb using some other kind of contreception?
  • Options
    It's getting irritating now. 50% of the time I have sex, the condom splits. I do "go at it", but surely it shouldn't split like this?

I've followed tons of guys, and do it as it says... Girls put it on, etc, it still splits...:confused:

May I suggest that you send me a pic of your erect penis so I can advise you of the best brand? :)
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    May I suggest that you send me a pic of your erect penis so I can advise you of the best brand? :)

See this post http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showpost.php?p=1849443&postcount=9
  • Options
    :lol: Ah! SecretPerson! The Killer Whale who wanted to be a little boy ... aw! :p