Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

OUCH! My NOSE! (this is a bit yuck)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right so...
I've had a cold for a wee while so I keep blowing my nose. Apparently, my nose wasn't very happy with that cause, as per usual, it went red and a bit sore.
But for the past week or so it's just been scabby. Round the edges of the nose and on the inside too so I don't have much of a nostril to breath out of and apparently that's been making me snore.
If I get rid of the scabness it just goes red and really sore, and they come back uber quick.

Is this just cause of the cold and it's trying to heal?
Any idea how I can get it to STOP or get better??

Comments

• Options
    Have you got a blocked nose? Get a decongestant, like vics.

As for the sores I would put anticeptic cream on them.
  • Options
    Yes. Decongestin is grand. I snore really bad this time of year without it. I prefer Sudafed, if you have that there. Oh it drys me out completly! (in a good way) like no medicine does. (Though take it several hours before bed, it'll keep you up)

As for the dry nose, first, get your self some good tissues! I always just exfoliate it hardcore every other day (though that hurts :p ) and moistuirze it twice a day.
  • Options
    try to leave it alone as much as possible, and dab your nose as appose to rubbing/wiping it. Use a good decongestant so you dont have to blow it to unblock.

Put something like savlon on it to help the scabs heal.

for any cracked dry scaly areas put a layer of vaseline (not attractive so best at night!)
  • Options
    Yay!
  • Options
    Vaseline on the sore bits as much as possible, that way when you blow your nose the snot and tissue will irritate the vaseline rather than your skin. It should protect your skin and things'll improve in a couple of days.