Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Internet explorer 7/Windows explorer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

My housemate was recently having some problems with her computer which then told her that she needed to do some updates, which she accepted.

One of these updates was to do with IE 7. The current programme doesn't look anything like the internet explorer that i'm used to, and when you open the IE link it takes you to this site: http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx and tells you to customize your settings to finish the update.

We're just wondering if this is a kosher update or if something has gone wrong? anybody have any clues? I'm reluctant to do anything until I know whether its okay or not.

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Sounds fine, the new IE is very different in looks to the old one.

ie7oo5.jpg

^ is how it should look.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    JsT wrote:
    Sounds fine, the new IE is very different in looks to the old one.

^ is how it should look.

Yeah, it takes some getting used to but you are able to put in all the normal toolbars and stuff to make it look a bit more 'normal.'
  • Options
    wicked, thanks guys.
  • Options
    I am loathe to upgrade my IE to v7 in case its full of bugs. How have people found it?
  • Options
    Iv never had a problem with it yet. I manly use Opera on this PC but have IE7 on my dads pc and my laptop and not had any probs
  • Options
    Teagan wrote:
    I am loathe to upgrade my IE to v7 in case its full of bugs. How have people found it?

Haven't had any problems with it. Just took a while to get used to.
  • Options
    Why would you need to add your own toolbars? Its got the nice little search feature:confused:
  • Options
    CoolMe wrote:
    Why would you need to add your own toolbars? Its got the nice little search feature:confused:

Firstly, I like the google toolbar.

And that wasn't the sort of toolbars I was meaning - I was meaning the inbuilt ones that they have hidden in the settings, like the links bar, the status bar, the history etc etc.