Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Driving me insane

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well im not sure for how long it's been like this but maybe a month or 2..

There's this small little part deep inside my private area that isn't painful but is just so uncomfortable and it's always there, it never goes away. I can tell exctly where it is, it's on my left and it's not very much, maybe just about the area of a small pea. Sometimes it does start to feel rough there, kind of nippy and just makes it even more uncomfortable.

There's not a single second that i ain't aware of it. Today it just finally started to get to me and i've been crying a lot cos it won't just go away for even a few mins.

Is there anybody that knows if i have anything to worry about, why its like this and what i can do to make it stop?

Comments

• Options
    Have you had a look to see whats there?
  • Options
    I think it would be kind of hard to see inside there since i'm a girl.. I don't think i explained it really well either but i tried my best
  • Options
    GP, Practise Nurse or GUM clinic would be good for your peace of mind if nothing else. Remember GUM clinic isn't just for STIs.
  • Options
    oops I didn't read that it was inside you. definatly go to a dr because you shouldn't be hurting like that
  • Options
    thanks, just wanted to check here first so i might not have to go to the doctor's or anything like that.. really shy about stuff like this
  • Options
    Don't forget that you can always ask to see a female doctor if that makes you feel more comfortable, and you can definitely have another woman present if it's a male doctor. You could also take your mum/a friend if you wanted (personally that idea horrrifys me but I know some like to).

Bribe yourself, nice coffee somewhere with a massive muffin as a reward to yourself for going (if not several strong drinks, what ever takes your fancy). 5 minutes of embarassment for peace of mind and no pain has to be worth it.:thumb:
  • Options
    Believe me, a few minutes of a nurse of doctor having a prod is a million times better than worrying and living with constant pain or irritation. No need to be shy, its not the nicest thing in the world to have strange people prodding and poking your nether regions but they won't be at all bothered by it so neither should you be :)

Be brave and remember its only a few minutes out of your life where you have to experience a little embarassment and discomfort. Just think about what it will be like when you have a baby!! I've heard stories of 8 doctors down there all having a look! Just grin and bear it, its definatly a small price to pay for piece of mind :)