Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Cat: howling and dribbling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My cat is about 16 years old.

Recently she's developed a new habit, after she's eaten her food she howls. It's really loud and sounds like a baby being strangled. Why would she do this? She only does it after eating. It's quite funny but my sister says it's not normal and there's something wrong.

Also, why do cats dribble when happy? When I stroke her she drools, it's a bit gross!

Comments

• Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    My cat is about 16 years old.

Recently she's developed a new habit, after she's eaten her food she howls. It's really loud and sounds like a baby being strangled. Why would she do this? She only does it after eating. It's quite funny but my sister says it's not normal and there's something wrong.

Also, why do cats dribble when happy? When I stroke her she drools, it's a bit gross!
    When your that age, expect things like that to happen.
  • Options
    yeah it's a pretty good age. she's in good shape though.
  • Options
    Have you consulted a felinexorcist?
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote:
    Have you consulted a felinexorcist?

Polterkitty ?
  • Options
    Ahhhh..you jokers. My poor cat.
  • Options
    Take her to the vets, she might have a problem with her teeth/digestive system if she's howling after food.
  • Options
    Maybe she's going deaf
  • Options
    Well queen cats call their kittens don't they... Does she ever make those howling noises after she's been playing? She's probably calling you, she probably did it before but not as loud.
  • Options
    Katy, my cat is 17 and she has been doing this for about a year now. She sounds like she's about to be killed and it's so annoying. We were worried at first but now she does it so often that we just ignore her and put it down to attention seeking.

They're old ladies, maybe it's just their way of reminding everyone they exist!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Katy, my cat is 17 .........put it down to attention seeking.

They're old ladies, maybe it's just their way of reminding everyone they exist!

I'm 119 you know, i was in the war, if it wasn't for me you'd be German :D
  • Options
    My cat was about 17 and he used to do that quite a lot. We had to have him put down after we found out he had liver failure.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    my cat has dribbled pretty much all her life, id not worry about that part of it at all. would recommend getting a professional to check out the howling mind!