Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I can't stop thinking about my ex and its been 3 years

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I was in my last year at 6th form college (3 years ago) I went out with this guy. I didn't really notice him at first but then we kissed one night and I just fell head over heels for him. He was quite messed up - he drunk too much for example and was re-doing a year at 6th form. We didn't go out officially, we'd just pull whenever we saw each other in the club and met up various times apart from there.

We met up for drinks, and I met him after work a few times but I really wanted to go out with him offically and for him to be my boyfriend. He didn't want anything serious however because he was going to start university. He didn't always treat me well, sometimes he would ignore me completely and once when we met up he told me about some other girl he was seeing at uni. the more he rejected me the more I wanted him, and the more he hurt me then more I wanted him. I couldn't stand the thought of him at uni with other girls, I was so hurt.

I haven't seen him for about a year now but he recently contacted me to tell me he was unwell. When he wasn't saying hurtful stuff, he was so flattering, he told me all the right things. I got really attached and found it so hard to let him go. I didn't act very maturely about it at all, I wouldn't accept that he was going to uni and wanted freedom and no attachment to home. He keeps popping back into my head and the good experiences i had with him, whenever I think about it, I feel the same as before and I hate it. I think maybe I think about him because nobodys made me feel like he did and the other guys since just haven't met up to him. I don't know, but its making me miserable.

Comments

• Options
    As hard as it may be i think you should stop thinking about this guy asap. I don't know if anyone feels the same but this guy was clearly using you. He could go out and get whatever he wanted but when he couldn't he'd come back to you, for example when he was ill, he probably had no one else to go to for sympathy and knowing full well you was obsessed with him he told you all the right things to make you fall back for him.

Move on and find someone else, this guy sounds bad news and not worth your time.
  • Options
    When you think back you always remember the good stuff, and tend to forget the bad.

I recently met up with someone i was totally into a few years ago and it was just a total disaster. Everything about it was crap. I can't stand him now!