Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

health care plans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I need a dentist but will have to go private was wondering if anyone knows if you can have a plan where you pay so much a month towards dentist bills? Also can you get anything to help towards glasses and contacts etc?

Comments

• Options
    i think you can get some help towards the cost of glasses and sight tests if you meet certain criteria.
    not sure about contacts, i have to pay full wack for myn and i'm a fulltime student... sucks!
  • Options
    Have you tried ringing your PCT and asking for an NHS dentist? I don't know if you want private or just feel that there's no choice, but your PCT should be able to find you one.

Probably one place to ask would be the at the dental practise, as they will know who pays them!
  • Options
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    Well I need a dentist but will have to go private was wondering if anyone knows if you can have a plan where you pay so much a month towards dentist bills? Also can you get anything to help towards glasses and contacts etc?

a) Why do you have to go private

b) There is no other subsidy, remember Optometrists are wholly private.
  • Options
    Derby Dental Service on this page